PDA

View Full Version : Stopping taking beta blockers?

Georgina
01-10-06, 14:57
My Dr decided it was time for me to stop taking 80mg Half-Inderal, after about 6 months of having it daily. It's been 2 days since I stopped, and I feel worse than before! My pulse is 100 bpm just sitting at the computer, and I'm not even panicing, or overbreathing, or anything. I'm sure it didn't used to beat this hard/fast before! When I'm walking it just seems as if it scarcely rests at all!

Does anyone have any experience of coming off beta-blockers - is this a short term thing, and likely to calm down. It's freaking me out! [Ugh]

tt
01-10-06, 16:38
If you don't mind me asking - what do you take them for? And also how and what tests did you have done to determine you needed beta blockers? Do they lower your blood pressure?

Thank you in advance,
Trina

TT:)

Georgina
01-10-06, 17:49
I don't mind you asking at all! I was given them to stop almost constant palpitations - which the Dr thought were brought on by a nasty virus I had (which is now cured!) I don't have high blood pressure anyway, so that was never an issue - just the constant palps when doing normal activity.