PDA

View Full Version : I'll never be an aunty

busybee09
29-05-13, 18:55
Im an only child which iv had a very hard time accepting, when i was little i wanted a sibling so bad i was convinced my mum would have another.
At the grand age of 22 i could still weep about the fact ill never be a biological aunt. My bf has 1 brother who is disabled so cant see him having kids.

I get good bonds with kids have worked with them for 5 years and it makes me so lonely to think we have none in the family and ill never be an aunt its v depressing.

My bf has more siblings on his dads side but hasnt been in touch as ive heard he's a horrible man.

Any positive comments to pick me up would be appreciated :)

shakey1961
30-05-13, 07:04
Hi Natty. I too am an only child and I always felt it was cruel to be one. The daft part about my parents is my Dad was one of 4 boys and my Mum one of 4 girls!!!!! When little, I thought everyone had loads of Aunites and Uncles LOL. But Mum only wanted one. Dad did tell me shortly before he died that they did talk about having a sibling for me, and I guess he wanted one, but my Mum was only a little lady (4ft 11in) and after watching the TV prog "One born every minute" and saw a poor woman exhausted and needing a forceps delivery, it struck me that I'd been a forceps delivery, so my poor Mum must have been exhausted having me, so I can understand a bit better why she didn't want another.

It still doesn't stop me wishing things had been different. You have the chance of being married and having children so you can have your own, that's something at least. I thought many times I'd like 2 boys and I'd call them Jonathan (for the first) and Oliver. Never thought about girls names much but Victoria was a possible. But I've got no chance now - I'm 51 and gay!!! LOLOLOL

The other thing is when my parents died it fell to me to organise everything, that was hard too. Still I have good friends and I'm fairly happy.

Try and cheer up, least you can have a family at some point. Don't put your kids in the same position as you are, then you know you can make them happy.