PDA

View Full Version : please help!

worried 101
29-05-13, 19:20
Hi there.
Me and my partner have been considering getting pregnant and while i feel ready for motherhood and me and my partner have a very happy relationship I cant help those feeling of anxieties creep in, like am I ready and will I be a good mum, can I do this? (those sorts of things) because of my GAD i dont know how to distinguish between actaul worries or just these silly worries and wether these feeling mean im not ready.
My partner and I have spoken about my worries and he said that he thinks they are just natural worries but as a worrier i worry they are more than thtat!
Im very confused please help!

aggiecuttler
30-05-13, 13:19
i am sure you will be a good mother none of us are prepared for having children it comes naturally, its an amazing journey, its very normal to have concerns and worries, good luck and blessings

starlight78
05-06-13, 02:37
Hi there,
I was absolutely plagued with anxieties and still am at 11 weeks. Some of them were normal ones like yourself and others more bizarre!
I knew that the person I am that pregnancy would be an anxious time of change and feeling out of control. It's actually been better so far than I thought.
I'm having therapy as well which is helping me stay in the moment and not leap to worrying about every possible negative thing. It's really helping. X