PDA

View Full Version : chest pain from anxiety?

sallad
30-05-13, 04:32
I am 43 year old female, underweight, walk every day, no history of heart problems in our family, but having chest pain quite often. Last night it woke me up. I have been under extreme stress. My husband lost his job almost two years ago. We have sold everything and he is still trying to get work. I am working part time, but not getting many hours. We have four teenaged sons, one of which is having drug problems. This week my oldest graduated.
Do you think anxiety can cause sharp chest pain? It is in one sharp area and does not cause sweating or anything. My gut says maybe anxiety, but my mind keeps racing. Anyone else go through this? :blush:

CharlieM
30-05-13, 09:16
Hi sallad,

Yes I get chest pain quite a bit. I am also 43. I know that I have anxiety as I get awful butterflies every day. My left arm also aches a lot. My GP has diagnosed me with anxiety officially.

I hate it because of all the anxiety symptoms, chest and left arm pain is one of the most scary. Loads of people on here also have chest pain. Have you had your heart checked??

If it is really bothering you, then see your GP and get an ECG done. It will hopefully put your mind at rest a bit.

Charlie

HoneyLove
30-05-13, 10:10
I've definitely had chest pain from anxiety sallad, it's not nice. I also get it from acid reflux, which may be something to consider as you said it wakes you up at night. When you're lying down at night it's easier for the reflux to happen, so many people experience problems with it at nighttime.

sallad
30-05-13, 16:42
Thanks for the feedback. It helps.