PDA

View Full Version : Breathing.

pinky2681
30-05-13, 13:33
For most of the day I feel like I can't breath but when I do breath in I can get a deep breath, , sometimes I can't get it quite as deep. I breath short and quick which I think is down to the panic. I also have the usual lump in my throat, shakes, dizzy etc etc.

The thing is I had a chest infection in feb and got given inhalers (I had asthma as a child). Ever since then ive been scared im going to have a asthma attack and die. I'd love to do exercise but the min I get out of breath I panic and then obv my symptoms get worse. Please can anyone help? My gp thinks my asthma (if I even have it) is under crontrol and has cut down my inhalers so I'm on the minimum now.

What can I do? I'd love to run or even walk a long way but darent as I know ill panic when I get slightly out of breath and think it must be an asthma attack and I will die.

pinky2681
31-05-13, 23:12
Anyone?

nomorepanic
31-05-13, 23:36
Have you tried abdominal breathing techniques?

RVP
31-05-13, 23:44
This may work for you or may not, but for me I breathe out of my nose all the time, this helps me to have more control over my breathing if I am having a panic attack for example, or slow breathes out through the mouth.
Try not to focus on your breathing (easier said than done) but think about it, when you're asleep you're breathing fine.