PDA

View Full Version : Large pupils on Fluoxetine

Mistyfog
30-05-13, 17:38
Hi.

I started Fluoxetine 8 days ago. I've been ok so far with no major side effects.

The only thing I've noticed in last couple of days is my pupils in both eyes are really large. They do go small under a light but then go big again.

Is this a normal side effect of flouxetine? Has anyone else experienced this? Will is subside in time?

jelly2010
30-05-13, 19:15
Hi Mistyfog,

I remember noticing my pupils were very large the first few weeks. I was never bothered about it so didn't look in to whether it was a side effect. It could be coincidence that we both experienced large pupils or it could be from taking fluoxetine. I wasn't sleeping well at the time which might have been the reason. Mine are normal now.

Is it bothering you at all or are you just curious? Feeling ok in general?
J x

OncewasSupergirl
30-05-13, 22:26
I imagine it is just the medication getting into your system it won't hurt you so try not to worry x x

Mistyfog
30-05-13, 23:27
I'm just curious. I feel ok on it so far no major side effects apart from the large pupils. I've also not been sleeping well for ages so might be a combination.

Hopefully may settle after a few weeks.

ChristopherT
31-05-13, 06:12
Hi, I noticed something similar, but I was also taking a light dose of Ritalin.

The only problem for me, was that I went out to a bar, and the bouncer was looking into my eyes, and accusing me of being on something.

But that also sometimes happens when I am tired, so it could just be because of your sleeping patterns, as early on I wasn't sleeping well.

I haven't noticed that recently.

Mistyfog
31-05-13, 08:06
A work collegue noticed my pupils were large - I think she thought I was taking something illegal lol

froggyx
31-05-13, 19:08
Mine have been the same come to think of it. x

Mistyfog
31-05-13, 22:02
Mine are a bit better today I've changed from taking it in the mornings and have taken it at night instead