PDA

View Full Version : extreme trypanophobia

rosedal
30-05-13, 20:14
Hi newbie here with an extreme fear of needles. I don't mean just feeling queasy or fainting, The mere thaught or a doctor mentioning blood test and I panic and become extremely aggressive, confrontational and generally the hag from hell. This is compounded by the fact I am hypothyroid and know there are other tests that can be done as i am ok with finger pricking . The odd thing is I am ok with a tatooist needle knitting needles etc, but the mere mention of The evil sticky pointy thing and veins send me into a blind panic.

The doctor I saw today was extremely ignorant arrogant and in fact kept rolling his eyes at me and when I got shouty and aggressive (at this point I go into a blind rage which my hubby told me ) another doctor told me do as I am ordered or be struck off and generally told me in not so many words to shut up or he will get me struck off and arrested. For a phobia I have no control over. All I get from any doctor is shut up and grow up. What can I do

aggiecuttler
30-05-13, 20:45
maybe find a more supportive dr, can you have any treatment for this i mean like from a consultation with a shrink type dr cant remember what they are called sorrry. you could probably talk through your issues i am sure it would help, and like i said if your dr is not supportive find one that is, take care blessings

rosedal
30-05-13, 21:21
cheers for replying. think its a psycologist (sorry if spelled wrong) the problem is that it seems the majority of GP's don't want to acknowlege this I know how it started when a nurse knowing I had a fear of needles not so bad back then instead of understanding this grabbed me and slapped me hard around my face and said I was stupid (1980) The bad thing is there are non invasive tests out there which includes a home testing kit you can give to your doctor with the results , told them this and nope not acceptable, he even threatened to take away my thyroxin un til I complied with him. Sorry if this is waffle but i AM EVEN FEARFUL THINKING ABOUT IT