PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline withdrawal symptom help

Hannahlou1996
30-05-13, 21:48
I've been on sertraline for about 6 months but I've run out of tablet so I have been off them for about 3 days and I feel awful, I can't get hold of some more for another 2 days because of my chemist but I've been getting some really bad symptoms.
I feel dizzy all the time and feel like Im going to faint even when Im sat down, I keep getting hot then cold, I feel really sick all the time and have thrown up once. I also keep getting these pulses in my head, I don't really know how to explain it other that pulses or 'brain zaps' but this happens every time I turn my head or move my arms. It's really scaring me cause I don't know of this is normal or if there's something wrong with me. I can't really go out the house which is a massive problem cause our house is being redone and I need to be out the house most of the day. Is there any way to stop the symptoms? If not all of them maybe just the pulses and nausea? Please help :(

Sparkle1984
30-05-13, 22:37
You can contact NHS Direct or the out of hours service, explain you've run out and ask to be given a new prescription urgently. Or if there's an NHS walk in centre near you, you could try going there and they should be able to give you an emergency prescription.

Or if all other options fail, you can go to A&E for help. The hospital should be able to provide emergency supplies of medication if you can't get hold of your own doctor quickly.