PDA

View Full Version : Hi new

Lisafrankie
31-05-13, 09:40
My names Lisa 31 Iv suffered from sever depression since I was 15 my depression has gone from bad to worse ranging from anxiety agoraphobia paranoia an suicidal...I'm taking amitriptyline and serequel ...I became a mum in September 6th 2012 but my beautiful boy died 18 hours old being a mum was the best thing to happen to me Iv never felt like that before I miss my son terribly an feel so alone I long to be a mum again...however I feel the amitriptyline is stopping me becoming pregnant I spoke to my psychiatrist and told him I was stopping it he disagreed but becoming a mum is everything to me and if it means amitriptyline or pregnancy pregnancy wins....I was on mitrazipine before I fell pregnant then got put on amitriptyline which docs wanted me to stay on ...one of the side affects of amitriptyline is high prolacting which makes a woman's body think its breast feeding an suppresses ovulation which is needed to get pregnant....any info on how long amitriptyline takes to leave your system would be great help I was taking 150 mg nightly for about a year now xx

Mark13
31-05-13, 17:28
Hi Lisa.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear of your traumatic life events.

I hope you gain some solace and support from being here on this forum.

Lisafrankie
31-05-13, 21:37
Thank you mark for your reply...I wish you well and lots of strength ...x