PDA

View Full Version : Eye worries, need advice :( really scared!

Jaz1
31-05-13, 12:16
I have had blood shot eyes for more than a year, it's a line from the corner of my eye to my iris. The blood shot begins from the corner on my eye which is red and ends with a round brown circle next to my iris. I'm starting to get really worried. It appeared first when I was in university, now its nearly two years and it's still there. I went to the doctors and the opticians. The doctors say its a pigmentation, and the optician doesn't know what it is. Could this be eye cancer so worried ad scared, I don't know if its just me but the brown dot seems to be getting bigger.

Jaz1
31-05-13, 17:36
Does anyone have any information that can help me :(

lily1
31-05-13, 22:05
Your optician would notice if you had something serious
im sure. Could be something like an allergy. Lots of sprays
and smoke can irritate your eye.

Worry also can dilate blood vessels.Are you constantlt
pulling at your eye to check it?

Dont touch, look at ir worry about your eye for a week and
see if it looks any better:)

bibliophilic
31-05-13, 22:14
I have a little dot as well. Haven't gone in to the doctor for it but have read that it's common. As for the bloodshot eyes, have you tried allergy pills? I know it sounds obvious, but I thought I'd ask. One day a few years ago I developed bloodshot eyes that wouldn't go away. Finally I took a few doses of Allegra and they went away. I hadn't had any other major allergic symptoms so I had no idea that it was allergies. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case it might be an issue of yours.

Jaz1
31-05-13, 22:32
Hi thanks for the reply, I don't smoke but my eye did go through a lot of strain when I was in Uni, that was when I first noticed this blood shot. I'm 23 and I have had this since I was like 21. I always looked at the brown dot and didn't think much of it when one day I thought let me see wat is at da end if this brown blood shot. What do you know I see dark red lines.:wacko:

When opticians check your eyes they can see the back of your eyes rite? I had this very stern lady that was checking my eyes so I didn't ask much questions, she was very unapproachable. She would have been able to see a problem rite? I don't get why she didn't know what it was. Now da side of my eyes are hurting :weep:

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

@ bib.... I have never had serious allergy reactions, I sometimes sneeze when I'm around dust. How long did you have the brown dot in your eye for?

The doctors have referred me to a opthamologist, and I'm dreading what his going to see.

bibliophilic
01-06-13, 00:58
I've had the dot for a few months at least, possibly more. I haven't noticed any other problems with it.