PDA

View Full Version : A Step in the Right Direction

joelhall
31-05-13, 13:43
So... where to begin. Things seem to have been going right for once in a general sense, despite one or two pit-falls. Firstly, it seems most of the worst symptoms I was getting were reactions to the citalopram dosage, and it was interfering with my heart and nervous system, so I've had the dose reduced and will be discontinued soon. At the moment I'm only taking 20mg/d and feel far better than I was. I no longer have a two day hangover full of panic attacks after having three pints, I don't sleep as badly, and as for those horrific 'panic attacks', they have become much milder (these typically start between 1-2 hours after taking the tablet and wane over a further couple of hours).

Secondly, after having two weeks of B12 injections, my memory has improved and several of my neurological symptoms have improved slightly, or at least not got any worse. I have a neurology appointment in a month to assess the extent of the damage to the nerves themselves, which I have been warned is irreversible. My memory and concentration are still not great, and I have the weakness in my right side still, but at least these won't be getting any worse.

I've been getting out more and able to do more than I could before. Also met someone who makes me really happy, and doing better at uni than I was before summer, with the improved memory and concentration, not to mention a little more energy.

Things are still touch and go, but definitely improving, so let's raise a glass (or 15) to that ;)

Cheers folks x

Spot-the-frog
31-05-13, 14:28
Great news Joel, glad things are going in the right direction :D