PDA

View Full Version : Learning from home?

Mclovin
31-05-13, 16:58
So I suffer with anxiety, which escalated to basically a fear of vomiting in public, not the actual vomiting, just in public.

I'm 18 and my education ha been ruined by anxiety to say the least, however I want to get bak on the ladder and wondered if anyone can help?

I'm looking at doing A Level Pyschology at home.

Iv read you can do the whole thing at home in your own time, and have your exams at private schools etc.

Can anyone shed more light on this please?

Spot-the-frog
31-05-13, 17:07
I don't know anything about this, just wanted to say well done for studying at home, hope it works out for you x

cattia
31-05-13, 18:27
I think you should get in touch with your local sixth form or FE college. I work at a sixth form college and we have supported students with these kinds of problems, you might also be able to go in on a reduced timetable if you can manage some lessons. The only trouble with being a part time student is that you might have to pay some course fees. Another option would be an evening class which would probably be a smaller group and would only meet once a week. I teach lots of students with anxiety and depression, it is very common and I am sure most colleges are very experienced at supporting people with these issues.