PDA

View Full Version : 3rd day on fluoxetine

froggyx
31-05-13, 18:12
Hi, i am new to this site. Recently been prescribed fluoxetine 20 mg this is my third day, no had major SE with it. Had headaches, slight dizziness. One thing i have is waking up in early morning thinking its later than what it is really strange feeling. I have suffered with depression for a while and would just like have some people to talk to who have had similar problems. Ive been taking the tablet before bed dont know if this makes any difference to how i am feeling.
x

aggiecuttler
31-05-13, 20:24
Hi i take fluoxtine aswell i would recommend taking it in the morning so its less likely to disturb your sleep it takes some weeks for kick in but side effects go in the first couple of weeks i find it an effective anti depressant good luck blessings

Tessar
31-05-13, 20:58
I've been ok taking fluoxetine, not really had any side effects from it. its helped me lots to feel better though, so I wish you well taking it and hopefully it'll do for you what it's done for me. oh I usually take it in the morning. I must admit I did forget a few times this week & took it in the evening & was restless in bed so maybe morning is best.

jelly2010
31-05-13, 21:27
Hi Froggy and :welcome:
I hope the fluoxetine helps you to feel better. I've been taking it for almost 2 months now (40mg).
I take mine in the morning - I find this works best for me.
I'm sure you will find this site helpful!
J x

Whiskey
31-05-13, 22:05
I also take mine in the morning, 20mg, im on my sixth week and feel loads better xx

Mistyfog
31-05-13, 22:06
Good luck and I hope it helps you. I've been on it 9 days now. No major side effects so far. I was taking mine in morning but swapped to evenings yesterday.

OncewasSupergirl
31-05-13, 22:15
Think you're supposed to take it in the morning as its a stimulant, I've always taken mine in the morning x The early morning waking gets better in a few weeks x

froggyx
01-06-13, 09:58
Thanks for all your replies. I will take in the morning to try then. I do feel a little dazed today like im not really with it. x

BIGMEANPOSSUM
01-06-13, 11:07
I take it in the morning and I take Melatonin a couple hours before bed. I've been sleeping decent. I've always had insomnia, but the Melatonin has done wonders for me.

froggyx
01-06-13, 18:27
Never had a problem with sleep infact i could probs sleep for england but since taking fluoxetine i just cant.

blingkasa
02-06-13, 08:59
Hi all,

Am on day 22 of Prozac, first few days were okay and then had a few couple of awful days. Felt a bit blur, vivid dreams, shaky and that awful feeling of doom which is so hard to shake off. Went out the other night and had a few drinks and the next day was so horrid so therefore need to not drink. This is the second time i have tried it, i gave up before after just two weeks but i think will persevere as i want to feel better. Have been taking mine around noon but will perhaps start to take in the morning. Feel spaced out today, if the feelings get worse i also take a nibble ( literally) of xanax which helps. Main feelings are the ones of feeling useless, guilty and i ruminate a lot over things, the good old " What if's" , night time is my best time as i feel relaxed but day time scares me as i have to " face the world" and it gets hard doing simple things . I also have OCD and the prozac seemed to help for a while but then yesterday had a bad ocd day. Am persevering as well. Just good to know there are others out there.

KatieJayne
03-06-13, 20:25
Hi all,

Am on day 22 of Prozac, first few days were okay and then had a few couple of awful days. Felt a bit blur, vivid dreams, shaky and that awful feeling of doom which is so hard to shake off. Went out the other night and had a few drinks and the next day was so horrid so therefore need to not drink. This is the second time i have tried it, i gave up before after just two weeks but i think will persevere as i want to feel better. Have been taking mine around noon but will perhaps start to take in the morning. Feel spaced out today, if the feelings get worse i also take a nibble ( literally) of xanax which helps. Main feelings are the ones of feeling useless, guilty and i ruminate a lot over things, the good old " What if's" , night time is my best time as i feel relaxed but day time scares me as i have to " face the world" and it gets hard doing simple things . I also have OCD and the prozac seemed to help for a while but then yesterday had a bad ocd day. Am persevering as well. Just good to know there are others out there.

I feel just like you! The evenings are better for me too - calmer world I suppose?! I also drank on Fluoxetine in my second week and will never do that again - I felt totally spaced out from one cocktail! It was frightening!