PDA

View Full Version : Burning, scrape feeling, but nothing there--dry skin?

lofwyr
31-05-13, 20:00
Hey folks,
I am fairly happy to report that due in large part to the postings on this site (and one other), I have gotten my HA under control, for the most part. But lately I have had something going on that does not have me in a tail spin yet, but I can kind of feel it looming, and was wondering if anyone else had the following feeling.

On my left hip, the top of my left side of my butt, I have a couple of patches of skin that feel like you do when you scrape your skin. Painful, almost burning to the touch, and it is the skin, right on the surface. The problem is, I cannot see anything there. No injury or anything. My wife thinks it is dry skin, and lotion does seem to help relive it a bit, but at the same time, I cannot help but worry a tiny bit about MS.

In the past few days it spread from my butt around to the joint on my left hip, but it seems to feel a bit less on the spot where I first noticed it. The only reason I am skeptical it is not dry skin, is that it is really humid right now, and in 42 years, I don't think I have ever had this sensation. It is a very real sensation, not psychosomatic, as I was not worried about anything, and pretty much anxiety free.

Any thoughts?

Gee
01-06-13, 08:01
I've had that b4 all up my thighs! It was agony. Not sure what it was but after a clear MRI it's gone so possibly anxiety xx

bibliophilic
01-06-13, 15:34
I get that all the time, usually on my upper arms! Had it so bad one time that I was convinced I had a blood clot causing the sensitivity. I had a bunch of tests done and all was normal and since it's recurring and I'm still living to tell the tale, I'm thinking it's just my sensitive skin doing annoying things. :hugs: