PDA

View Full Version : Took my 1st Tablet today

AceOfSpades
01-06-13, 14:59
Hi all well after 2 months of having Fluoxetine in the box I have taken my 1st tablet.

Well I have cheated and not opened my 20mg box I got the doctor to give me some 10mg for the 1st 28days as I don't get on well with anti ds.

But I have had to bite the bullet. After a good few months (due to a wonderful lady) I have fallen back to earth with a bump and now I need that little extra.

Does anyone else take Prozac/Fluoxetine with Pregabalin and does it matter.

Cheers I will keep this upto date..:)

jelly2010
01-06-13, 16:54
Hi Ace of Spades,
I really hope that the fluox helps you.
I'm sorry I can't answer your question about taking it with pregabalin.
Wishing you the best,
J x

fluff
01-06-13, 17:22
Welldone for takeing your first tablet you know you will start to feel better very soon :-)

AceOfSpades
01-06-13, 18:22
Thanks jelly2010 and fluff :hugs:

Its always the first tablet that is the hardest to take and once you overcome the fear hopefully you start to feel the benefit.

AceOfSpades
02-06-13, 11:16
Well 2nd day at the low dose of 10mg I will work my way up and so far all is well,

Unlike when I have tried citalopram and sertraline from the first pill with them I was having major reaction to them.

I know to some 10mg may seem a cop-out but with already taking a load of other pills I just want to ease into to this one.

fluff
02-06-13, 17:45
Thats really good ace :-) stick with it xxxxxx

jayjoe18
02-06-13, 18:11
Brilliant, well done for taking the first tablet, I bet it's so difficult especially if you have had bad reactions before! Hope all goes well for you this time and that the meds help :)

AceOfSpades
04-06-13, 09:31
Well I think easing into this drug is going well no side effects at the 10mg so I may soon increase to the 20mg just give it another week or so for it to get into my system a bit more and then increase.

fluff
04-06-13, 10:59
Your getting very brave ace so pleased for you :D

AceOfSpades
04-06-13, 17:37
Thanks jayjoe18 and fluff.

Its good to now that we all have people to support us in our day to day lives and what the day brings.

I was temped not to start them but I thought maybe this is something I need to try and so far I have no regrets.

OncewasSupergirl
04-06-13, 20:00
Ace I had a bad reaction to sertraline and citalopram too :/ however the fluox has worked for me I've been on 20mgs from the start I did have some awful side effects to begin with but they do calm down. I really hope this works for you x x

AceOfSpades
05-06-13, 10:46
Thanks OncewasSupergirl.

Day 5 (pmsl I said that in a Big Brother Voice)

I know I have chickened out a little by going for the option to start at 10mg but must admit after 5 days I have not had a single bad reaction to them.
Where as after the 1st tablet or so of Sertraline and Citalopram I was climbing the walls.

But with the Fluox, I think I have 2 Major factor's in my favour 1st is the small doses start and the 2nd is that I'm starting fluox in the right frame of mind when I started the other 2 I was expecting every single bad reaction this time I'm just saying to myself hey if I have a reaction I will address it one thing at a time.

I know when I come to increase the dose I may feel a little different but I'm not looking to that and thinking holy crap I have a increase coming soon.

Thanks Ace..

OncewasSupergirl
05-06-13, 18:17
Lol, Ace, I used to do the Big Brother voice too but say Day (whatever) in the Prozac house. I think you have a very good attitude towards taking the fluox, and you're right you will address any symptoms etc when they arise. I would never take Sertraline ever again I took 2 tablets and wanted to end it all :( just felt "black" that's the only way I can describe it. I didn't even think to ask to start at a lower dose but its a good idea xx

jelly2010
05-06-13, 18:35
Ace,
You sound like you are going about it all in the right way! It's not 'chickening out' at all by starting with a low dose, sounds like it is working well for you thus far.
Hope it continues to be ok for you!
J x

AceOfSpades
06-06-13, 19:57
Well still having a all right time with the 10mg I will update next time after the 1st week is up...

AceOfSpades
23-06-13, 10:36
Last week of my 10mgs.. I'm increasing myself too 20mg in 5 days time.

Hope it will be easy on me how come I did the slow build up. Don't know if I should see the doc as I have loads of pills at home so can do increases myself.

Well will update again after a few weeks on the 20mg doses but I don't expect much to happen.
I just may decrease my other meds after a few weeks on the 20 dose.

Ace

Whiskey
23-06-13, 20:43
Daaaaaaaaay 70, and 840 ppppppp mmmmmm! Whiskey is doing very well on fluox, and hopes all her fellow takers feel better soon! Seriously, I have found this drug brilliant after 5-6 weeks of taking them. I had side effects but now they are just a thing of the past, good luck and stay positive xxx

AceOfSpades
01-07-13, 09:29
Now into my 2nd month and have increased to 20mg.

Woke up today after 2 days of the 20mg dose and wow I have hear everything every blade of grass under peoples feet every click in the engine of a car every bloody thing. Colours look so vivid and I feel high lol

Emotions are switch to super mode, Must be the mix of my other meds and my extreme diet that is doing it..

One second I feel like I want to vomit the next I feel like superman..

Not sure if that is a good thing.

Tufty
01-07-13, 12:24
Not sure if it's a good thing either Ace :huh: , it maybe just the Fluoxetine settling down and you'll feel more like you in few days time. What dose of Pregabalin are you taking because that can make you feel euphoric if you've increased the dose recently?

As long as you feel safe and not scared of your feelings you'll be OK. Try to do some mindful meditation or relaxation to bring you back to what's real and still you. If you start to feel that you are experiencing too highs and taking risks - go to see your doctor asap and remember you are not superman - keep your pants under your trousers :D

Take care
Sam

AceOfSpades
01-07-13, 12:37
Thanks Sam

I will monitor how I feel, And I will keep my pants under my trousers.

I'm on 375mg a day (have been for a year) of the pregabalin and also some other meds from the doctor and also some other stuff.

Also could be my diet having an effect as only on around 600 calorie a day so really taking my meds on an empty stomach.

AceOfSpades
01-07-13, 17:29
Does alcohol work well with Prozac as I feel great after having a few bottles.

If it does I may start drinking again...

AceOfSpades
03-07-13, 12:09
Well so far so good with the 20mg a day.... Just seem to get so tired around 4pm.
All right if I stand up and walk around but sit down and dammmm I fall asleep.

Hope that wears off. My daughter was trying to ask me for a drink and I was like so tired I was out of it I could remember everything I said it was weird..

OncewasSupergirl
03-07-13, 20:25
Ace, I remember the 4pm tiredness well, it does get better in time, how many days are you now? Also what other meds are you taken if you don't mind me asking? Has the euphoria worn off? I'm on 20mgs and feel settled on it but I get elated at times, I try not to freak out about it more just think its been so long since I felt happy it feels extreme! Why are you on a 600 calorie a day diet? X

AceOfSpades
03-07-13, 20:55
Hi, OnewasSupergirl

I have only been on the 20mg dose for 5 days but I started on 10mg for 30days (as I have had a rough time with other anti ds before).
I also take pregabalin 375mg a day and diazepam(as and when needed) and some other none anxiety related meds and vitamins..

On the 600 cal diet to shift the weight I gained when first taking the pregabalin and also as I know I'm large but a woman I liked said I was fat so I have taken the extreme measure of the 600 cal.

Apple for breakfast then at 3pm a small snack to take meds with and the 6pm a well balanced dinner and plenty of water comes to around 600 cals..

My doctor has told me that it is ok to dip to the 600 mark.

Ace