PDA

View Full Version : Well, I am back again

Betsyboo9034
01-06-13, 19:40
Hi guys, it has been nearly a year since I've used the site. My anxiety stopped for awhile, but now it is back again. A friend of mine passed away last year from bone cancer, and I was sad, but I didn't think about it in an anxious way. But now, I have had a nagging groin and hip pain for almost six months, and for some reason I convinced myself I have cancer, like his. I have been so anxious for two days now. I want to go to the doctor, but I get so embarrassed that I have such silly thoughts.

I know I get anxious when change is happening (I'm making a big move), but I am actually convinced that cancer is the cause for the nagging pain. I am so scared right now.

Annie0904
01-06-13, 20:11
I am very sorry to hear about your friend and it is not a silly thought for you to feel like this about your pains. I get a lot of pain in the same area as you and I went to my doctor who referred me to a physiotherapist. I am sure it sounds like a similar problem that you are having and it is improving with specific exercises and also putting heat pads there are helping.

Betsyboo9034
01-06-13, 21:08
Thanks Annie,
Logically I know it probably is an injury or something, as I walk at least an hour a day with my commute, and I carry a heavy bag, but I can't get the terrible thoughts out of my head. My doctor did the regular check up blood tests when I was home in August, and those were fine, so I keep telling myself that it is going to be ok. Still sometimes I get panicky since the pelvis was where my friend got cancer, and I'm scared that will happen to me. I'm trying to keep the logical side talking, but I'm really struggling right now.