PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo and Dizzyness : Venlafaxine Withdrawal

grvjoe
01-06-13, 21:14
Hi all,

I have been on Venlafaxine for over 5 years now. I had been stable on 37.5 mg Venlafaxine per day since the past 1.5 years. A few months back, I suffered some personal problems which really increased my anxiety and stress. The Venlafaxine did not seem to work at all. Even after my problems got over, the anxiety effects still remained and infact I encountered new symptoms such as head tremors, vertigo, increased urination etc.

Finally I consulted a psychiatrist who told me, maybe its because of my prolonged use of Venlafaxine and asked me to taper it off. Since the last one month, I have reduced my dosage to 1 37.5 mg Venlafaxine capsule per 2 days, and last week I stopped it completely. My doc has now put me on 50 mg Zoloft per day, but I am having these persistent weird symptoms including head tremors, cluster headaches, weird movements inside my head, very bad vertigo, and sometimes blurry vision. I am really nervous as whether they could be some underlying disease like Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, or a tumor or whether these are withdrawal symptoms or perhaps side effects of Zoloft. :weep:. Would really appreciate advice on this!

Joe

Pipkin
01-06-13, 23:08
Hi there,

The symptoms you're describing are typical of withdrawal from anti-depressants. I've come off Venlafaxine before and was exactly the same.

The symptoms pass and being on sertraline will make it easier. I'd be pretty confident that's what's causing the problems but, if they continue for more than a few days or get worse, go and see your GP.

Pip