PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie....

i_luv_dogs
01-06-13, 23:32
Hi, I'm Rachel. Long time panic/anxiety sufferer. I have been on Seroxat for about 8 years which helps manage it. I wish I could come of the tablets but when I have, even under controlled conditions, the panic returns. Looks like I'm in for the long haul! Nice to know I'm not alone in this scary world. Take care everyone :bighug1:

CharlieM
02-06-13, 11:31
Hi Rachel,

Welcome.

I have been prescribed Seroxat and am too scared to start taking them. I have so much anxiety that the thought of having to go through the first 8 weeks seems an impossible task. I already have so many symptoms, particularly related to concerns with my heart. Some of the side effects and bad press about this SSRI really is stopping me taking the first tablet.

How did you find getting started? And once you get through the startup period, how is the drug working for you?

Charlie

jelly2010
03-06-13, 14:53
Hi Rachel and :welcome:
I'm sure you will find good support here!
Take care,
J x

spanfan
03-06-13, 15:42
Hello!

I'm so glad to hear that the symptoms can be managed. Thats all I hope for :)

Take care.
Spanfan

Mark13
05-06-13, 18:15
Glad to have you with us, Rachel.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Mrs G
07-06-13, 15:03
Hi Rachel, im new here too.

Ive been on Citalopram and come off of it and had to go back on before. At the moment I came off them early April and was actually thought i was doing well and between stress at work and home things got on top of me again. Think the anxiety was always there really. So anyways like u Im in this for long haul too I think..:)