PDA

View Full Version : blood clot fears and symptoms-again. help

chl_hobbs
02-06-13, 07:46
Hi all

Well ive had the week from hell and now keep having daily panic attacksi cant stop thinking I have a blood clot in my lung.

It started on tuesday. I was feeling short of breath all of a sudden and a sore tight chest. It got so bad while out shopping i(once again...) went to a+e. They did ecg and bloods and my d dimer was raised. It was 354 and at my hosp the cut off is 300(in many hosps its 500). They told me I might have a PE in my lungs and I jad a vq lung scan there and then. It was normal. I then had a leg doppler scan the.next day (on one sore leg).

I.kept obsessing why my d dimer blood test was raised and kept going to various drs, urg cares and a+e depts begging them to repeat it. They wouldnt as they all said it can give a false positive in many situations ( inflammation, bruising, pregnancy etc). Finally on friday a dr gave me one. Whilst waiting for the results I almost ran away. What if WAS positive? What would I do? It took ages but he came back and said it was negative. I made him.promise it was! He didnt tell me the exact number (another thing im now obsesaing over) but I went home happy.

Yesterday my hip bone on the side started up with a bruise ans was so painful. Myvwhole leg hurt and back. My partner said he can vaguely remember me banging ir but I cant. It has a lump.underneath the bruise. The whole hip hurts. Ive also got a tight chest and sharp pains in my mid back. I keeep coughing but its likebi have to make a big effort to and its uncomfortable.

I keep thinking 'this is it'. That I have clots in ny pelvis ans now my lung. Im ao scared. Ive beeb reading Google and stupidly matching up symptoms. Ive just woken up and the sore chest is immediately the first thing I noticed. It feels heavy. My back.keeps getting sharp pains

I know my lung scan on tues.was clear, and the leg on wed was too. I know the d dimer was neg on friday...i.just dont know why I KEEP genuinely believing im going to die.becaise.of this.... I am convincing myself that ive been bleeding into my uterus or pelvis, and tjay I woll now get a PE.

Im exhausted living like this. I hate the fight.

Charlotte

chl_hobbs
02-06-13, 17:36
Erm, anyone?! Im having sore pains in top.of chest now, like a sore feeling inside ;(

nomorepanic
02-06-13, 17:43
I am not sure I can offer any further advice as I am not medical. You have to trust what tests they have done etc OR go back to your doctor and express your concerns.

spacebunnyx
02-06-13, 19:39
Hi, I was really worried about blood clots when I was going through IVF with all the drugs they give you increase the risk. I had really bad pain in my chest on night and it scared me so much I thought I was going to die. I didn't, I shouldn't have worried there was nothing wrong and I was fine. Your doctor has told you that your recent test is OK. You have to trust them... would the doctor risk their career by sending you away when there was something wrong? No way... most doctors are super paranoid these days.

xxx