PDA

View Full Version : Bad relapse

James1983
02-06-13, 17:32
What a bad day this is i have been suffering from panic disorder for the last 3 years. and i like to think that i have got it under control but not today! since 10 this morning i have felt sick, knot in stomach, sweating, raised pulse, ibs, hands shaky, pain in the upper back and a feeling that i am going to have a heart attack. i know it is in the mind but my anxiety has got me so down today that i have had a couple of small scotches to try and calm myself down as i can feel myself totally losing it my mind wont let me relax. i so hate this.:weep:

Chinadoll
02-06-13, 18:23
I am so sorry to hear about your difficult day. What I hate is how days like this can so come out of nowhere. Some days you feel able to deal with the rising panic, and on others, not at all. I feel cheated when I have bad days, and feel disappointed, frustrated and angry. You are not alone: try to eat well and breathe deeply, if you can. I know it's not easy. Take care xxx

CharlieM
02-06-13, 19:04
Agree with chinadoll. It's the fact you can feel better one day and then awful the next. I am having a run of bad days at the moment with your exact symptoms James. The fear of a heart attack is so worrying, but this has gone on for over 8 months. When I think rationally, I surely would have had one by now. Also all the tests I had done a few months ago came back normal.

I am in constant pain in my left armpit, arm and chest. Muscular I am told by my GP. My anxiety levels fluctuate depending on the level of pain. The pain is real and without the physical symptoms I wouldn't be anxious. But it is anxiety that causes my muscular pain.

Chicken and egg, so round and round I go!!!!!!!

PanchoGoz
02-06-13, 19:05
Use this, this is intensely useful for your recovery. Completely ignore the feelings, accept them and get on with your day. Don't convince yourself there's anything wrong, unless there is - ni which case work out the problem and sort it out first.

James1983
02-06-13, 21:08
Agree with chinadoll. It's the fact you can feel better one day and then awful the next. I am having a run of bad days at the moment with your exact symptoms James. The fear of a heart attack is so worrying, but this has gone on for over 8 months. When I think rationally, I surely would have had one by now. Also all the tests I had done a few months ago came back normal.

I am in constant pain in my left armpit, arm and chest. Muscular I am told by my GP. My anxiety levels fluctuate depending on the level of pain. The pain is real and without the physical symptoms I wouldn't be anxious. But it is anxiety that causes my muscular pain.

Chicken and egg, so round and round I go!!!!!!!

It is so awful i hate it! If it wasn't for People like you on here with the same problems i would have gone totally off the rails. Thanks for being there all of you:bighug1:

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

I am so sorry to hear about your difficult day. What I hate is how days like this can so come out of nowhere. Some days you feel able to deal with the rising panic, and on others, not at all. I feel cheated when I have bad days, and feel disappointed, frustrated and angry. You are not alone: try to eat well and breathe deeply, if you can. I know it's not easy. Take care xxx

Thanks, it is so true they just come from nowhere.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Use this, this is intensely useful for your recovery. Completely ignore the feelings, accept them and get on with your day. Don't convince yourself there's anything wrong, unless there is - ni which case work out the problem and sort it out first.

I will thanks:D

JulieJay92
03-06-13, 20:43
thats me too - 17 years now :( one hell of a long heart attack here and right now im real bad