PDA

View Full Version : Worried I have swallowed a bone!

jayjoe18
02-06-13, 19:22
Help! I'm panicing! I think I've swallowed a chicken bone, I had a small bit of curry from a takeaway (I don't even like takeaway, so I feel guilty now for eating some because it's unhealthy!) I found a bone in a bit that I was chewing so quickly pulled it out but I then felt like there was something sharp when I had finished eating what was in my mouth. I don't know if it's in my mind because I pulled out a piece of bone or because I have a bit of a cold/sore throat and that's why it felt a bit sore. I'm really worrying though, what happens if you swallow a bone?

AlexandriaUK
02-06-13, 20:01
Hi did you continue eating after the soreness?

Corona89
02-06-13, 20:23
The same thing that happens to all food when you eat it, nothing to worry about :)

jayjoe18
02-06-13, 20:50
Hi did you continue eating after the soreness?

Yes I've eaten afterwards, I had some toast, no soreness (apart from the sore throat from the cold!). I am getting slight soreness in my chest but I guess that's all in the mind as a result from panicing?!

The same thing that happens to all food when you eat it, nothing to worry about :)

Ahhh, I really hope so, I'm thinking it's going to rip my insides, silly as it could only have been a cm in size but still panicing! :wacko::)

bibliophilic
02-06-13, 21:30
Have you tried drinking a ton of water? What about a throat lozenge? Sometimes it feels like I've swallowed something (had a VERY bad episode with some lemon pepper fish), having a cough drop calms down my throat and makes me realize that if anything I just irritated it. :hugs: