PDA

View Full Version : I Surrender!

magicsheep
02-10-06, 15:43
Hi everyone,

Well I have finally decided to visit the doctors tomorrow and go back on the tablets and hopefully be refered to a counsellor (again)

After my bad day yesterday I was still feeling pretty rough and decided to go have some acupuncture I will admit that i feel better this afternoon but being told 'You're in a bad way' with the prices they charged, i could have told them that for free!

So although I didn't want to go back on the tablets again, I was being a martyr thinking I will do this on my own, I have surrendered and made appointment for the morning.

My supportive wonderful husband was looking through the net for me for days trying to find an alternative to tablets again but I know thats what will work and I have to do the rest in my head. I am just so grateful he understands me and tries so hard to make it better, I am so lucky! (or is he unlucky ;) )

Let you know how I get on tomorrow, it's not far but the explaining how I feel will be tough! But i'll do it.

x

If you don't want to do it you'll find an excuse. If you want to do it, you will!

kate
02-10-06, 15:48
Nothing wrong with being on meds!

The important thing is that you know they will help you.

Good luck at the doctors.

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

magicsheep
02-10-06, 16:01
Thanks Kate.

Oh i know there is nothing wrong with it at all been on so many different ones over the years, thought I was doing ok and could do it on my own.
Yep thats why I'm going back, they will help.

If you don't want to do it you'll find an excuse. If you want to do it, you will!

kate H
02-10-06, 16:24
I admire your positivity!

That is always the key to recovery. Seems like you know wot you are doing and are trying everything in your power to get back on track.

Good on you!

****You can never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation ****

yorkylover
02-10-06, 17:03
Hi,I came of my meds for 3 months but had to go back on.If you feel you need them then go for it.We all need a little help.Your going through a tough time at the moment,and you need something to help you get through.Your hubby sounds very supportive,Im also lucky as my partner is supportive.I really wonder why he stays with me sometimes,I feel like a very lucky person.:DTry and open up at the doc's,let him/her know how your feeling and about your daughter.
Thinking of you

Ellen XX

Granny Primark
02-10-06, 18:36
Hi,
Its great youve got a supportive husband. Im sure youre exactly the same with him.
Ive tried hard to manage without tabs but my god its been difficult.
I feel so guilty for not being able to go to work or go on holiday It really gets to me at times. But i am making progress even tho its only slow.
I really hope you begin to feel better soon, pse keep us informed as to how you are going on.

Take care
LYNN xx

hayles
03-10-06, 08:59
Good luck at the Docs today.
Hope you get the courage to say how this is really making you feel.
I think anxiety has a habit of making us hide how we really feel!

Hay x

Humly
03-10-06, 11:23
Well done you. I wish I was brave enough to go to the docs and admit that I have a problem. Let us know how you get on.

magicsheep
03-10-06, 11:48
Hiya,

Not long got back from the doctors. Unfortunately it was really busy and had to wait 25 mins, which is unusual but although I was not comfortable, I managed.

My doctor is lovely, I moved from the south west up north two years ago and lucky I found a GP as good as my previous one. I told her everything, my daughter, me etc and she really listened and took the time to hear what I was saying. The end result is back on the tablets but as she said as mental problems are very present in my family history it might be an idea to stay on them rather than do a rollacoaster every year. We'll see.

Thanks for all the support and good wishes.
x

yorkylover
03-10-06, 14:16
Glad it all went ok for you.
Take care

Ellen XX

domino
03-10-06, 18:49
HELLO MAGICSHEEP, THERE,S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU GOING BACK TO YOUR G.P. yOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE LET YOURSELF DOWN , iTO HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING HUSBAND THANK GOD I HAVE TRIED NATURAL REMEDIES BUT can be very expensive, I take DIAZIPAN but only when i REALLY need it mostly for travelling,i find it calms me down alot.Good luck tommorow. lorraine[:X]

Insomniac
03-10-06, 21:12
Hi magic.

Don't give yourself a hard time about being on meds. I am taking seroxat now. I decided that trying not to was not helping me. Only making my life unbearable. If it were another illness we would not worry so much about taking something which helps.

My hubby is on high blood pressure tablets. He doesn't taking tablets, especially long term, but he know that they make him better.

Hope this helps.

Lisa.