PDA

View Full Version : Hard heart beat

RVP
02-06-13, 21:09
ive gone past the stage of worrying about my heart as I've had high bp for a good 4 years and I'm basically 22 now. i am taking bp tablets, just the one, but when I'm lying down my heartbeat isn't fast, but it feels as if its pounding hard, harder than what a 'normal' persons would beat.

Also I've also noticed for a while now only when I'm trying to sleep my chest will feel like its caving in its like something inside my chest falls but only lasts for a few seconds and it may happen once or a few times. and this is only when I'm trying to sleep so lying down again.

Caldzie
02-06-13, 21:15
I get this, I've almost given up laying down I prop my self up with a pillow to take the pressure from my chest my heaviness is from the sterum area and like u said it drops and puts pressure on me, I once felt it beating so hard my left pec bottom left corner was shaking the beat was that hard. Thus I panicked and triggered a attack.

Hope u find out what's causing it!

I had all tests done ECGs X-rays etc nothin still stretching my head

RVP
02-06-13, 21:25
I get this, I've almost given up laying down I prop my self up with a pillow to take the pressure from my chest my heaviness is from the sterum area and like u said it drops and puts pressure on me, I once felt it beating so hard my left pec bottom left corner was shaking the beat was that hard. Thus I panicked and triggered a attack.

Hope u find out what's causing it!

I had all tests done ECGs X-rays etc nothin still stretching my head

Hey yeah ive had a ECG and MRI scan with some injection before i was put on BP tablets so the doctors havent found anything yet, although i am regularly seeing them for diagnoses, currently theyre just bringing it down to genetics.

bibliophilic
02-06-13, 21:29
Hey! I have this a lot, as well as sinus tachycardia (fast heartbeat). Docs say it's normal or are otherwise not concerned. One thing I've noticed is that if I take a sedative like Klonopin, it provides some relief, even if I'm not anxious while it's happening.

Caldzie
02-06-13, 21:31
Hope you get it sorted soon bud just keep pushing and they will find the reason eventually!
I was put on propranolol didn't seem to do much for me tho :(

RVP
02-06-13, 21:39
Hey! I have this a lot, as well as sinus tachycardia (fast heartbeat). Docs say it's normal or are otherwise not concerned. One thing I've noticed is that if I take a sedative like Klonopin, it provides some relief, even if I'm not anxious while it's happening.
Hey
The pounding beat or sinking chest?

well currently they're doing urine tests which were slightly high so i have to do them again which is causing high cortisol slightly. so if they come back normal i doubt they will pursue, on the other hand, if it comes high again then they have to find out whats causing it, they doctor mentioned cushings syndrome, but he said he would eat his own fingers if i had that as I'm not showing any signs for it.