PDA

View Full Version : Feels like my head is going to explode!

lily413
02-06-13, 21:50
For the past week or so I have had this feeling on and off of pressure in my head. It feels like it is going to pop. It seems to be worse when I lay down. I also occasionally have numbness on my scalp.. I don't know if I am imagining it but it looks like my veins are bigger too.. I'm really worried and don't know what could be wrong with me. Has anyone had anything similar?

Catherine S
02-06-13, 23:28
Hi Lily
If the veins you refer to are in your hands, arms, legs etc then this is a sign that you have good open veins which means good circulation. When those bodybuilders train they get extra big veins which means extra oxygen around the body!
The pressure in your head is probably just the increase in volume of blood circulating around your body...think of it as really healthy rather than something to be afraid of :)

spacebunnyx
03-06-13, 18:06
Hi, if your blood pressure is OK then its prob anxiety... I had this and it really does feel like your brain will explode - its horrible. It will pass though. Mine lasted a week and a half.. distraction and looking after myself (long baths, hair cut etc) helped.

xxx