PDA

View Full Version : panic all day every day

rybonn
02-06-13, 23:23
I experience some level of panic it seems, all day, everyday. Im trying as hard as I can to accept, but it usally gets the best of me and the only relief that I find is with Ativan. I have been dealing with this for a year and a half, and half very brief moments here and there that have been good, but few and far between..right now im in a patch where I haven't had a good day in months..im really getting tired of battling this everyday, and have tried 5-6 antidepressants, and have been doing CBT, but I cant seem to get any relief..does any one else have any similar stories, and got better? Is there any hope for me? Im really starting to get down, as its been so long and made little or no progress..any input would really be appreciated..Thanks!!

Jan11
03-06-13, 20:38
Hy Rybonn, I know exactly how you are feeling as I'm feeling exactly the same. Its the first thing I think of when I wake up and then battle my feelings all day. I'm seeing a Psychologist through the NHS but so far not great. Actually think its making me think about it more. I know they say to go with it and the feeling will go but I do try but end up reaching for my Diazepam. I only work part-time because of this and fight with this the whole time I'm there. I've suffered panic attacks for 12 years now and it had got better for a while but has come back to haunt me again. Its such a scary, horrible feeling and the thing is that unless you have gone through this yourself no one can quite understand it because on the outside we look fine but inside are fighting at the moment a losing battle. I hope that talking can help :)

JulieJay92
03-06-13, 20:41
that was me but it does get better :)

rybonn
04-06-13, 02:35
Thanks guys it helps so much to here from others that are experiencing the same as me. I always feel like im the worst case out there, and im terrified that im going to become agoraphobic..the last couple of months my anxiety has become very severe, and an all day battle, with very little reprieve. Sometimes when I take my Ativan, I feel almost normal again, other times it does nothing..just getting really down that Im getting worse and not better.. Thanks so much for the replys, I could use all the advice out there, as nothing I have been trying so far has been cutting it!

Jan11
07-06-13, 20:45
Thanks leiajulie, that s good to know and rybonn your by no way alone with this. Its a daily struggle but maybe we can all help eachother :)

carefree68
08-06-13, 21:16
Its horrible. I have had panic on off for 3 years im 45 now and I want them to just go away. I have moments of okay, but they are few at the moment. Feel dizzy and off balance most of the time, and then out of the blue full blown attacks. So fed up of putting a brave face on and more often now cause I dont want to talk about it (feel like people just dont understand)

rybonn
09-06-13, 04:18
I just had such a bad day..just feeling of panic all day with very little rest..getting so tired of this and getting very down right now. Keep having the thoughts of "whats the Point" of doing anything because I know that im going to feel like this..so frustrating. Just tired of being scared all the time. Hope things can start to turn around, as im really losing hope..

setfree
10-06-13, 01:24
Yup, that is so stressful. Having gone through social anxiety in the past, i know what you are feeliing. Sometimes, it feels like nothing is getting better. That is completely normal and extremely common. Just keep pressing forward.

I am sure that if you just keeping trying to accept it and you still try to distance yourself from the pain, it may disappear. You never know.

During the day, try to breathe deeply and think things through better. Relax yourself and trry to shit your thinking during the day. It always helps when you think different thoughts that cause you to chang your emotions.