PDA

View Full Version : Google queen!

HollyM
02-06-13, 23:33
Hey:) just thought I would introduce myself as I joined last night I can't tell you the relief and comfort I have found with this forum just knowing your not on your own. I suffer panic attacks which in the last fortnight have gotten much worse.
The first panic attack I ever had was going down an escalator outside my work and I have no idea what happened all I remember is my legs turning to jelly I nearly fainted my heart was racing I felt sick and had to get off the escalator fast!!!!! Since that day 10years ago I have never been on an escalator since! And that was the start of them. I didn't have another panic attack for along time if say 4 years later and I went to see a doctor who was very nice gave me a 2 week sick note (which I did not want!) and said I just needed a rest from work and didn't suggest medication just kalms! I took kalms and didn't feel much different but the anxious nervous feelings went and I forgot about them and carried on with life. Then we moved house 4 years ago and I went through a relly bad patch of panic attacks usually after I left the gym I put it down to I'd done too much and felt light headed and never thought much about them but things got worse I went to the doctors who did a few questioners and out it down to "severe depression" and "panic disorder" there are things I don't really want to go in to that was happening at the time and I did feel fed up. He suggested loads of things, beta blockers, citalopram & diazapam. I VERY stupidly would not take any of the tablets after spending all morning GOOGLING side effects I was terrified!
Now 4 years later started a new job they have come back wayyyyy worse than before. And now I decided enough is enough and I finally went back to the same dr and told him the situation and was prescribed citalopram and diazapam again and have been taking them since weds last week! I decided enough was enough at 26 I feel I have wasted alot of my teenage years worrying, panicking and letting anxiety rule my life and I want it to stop I want to start being happy and enjoying myself!
I have a bad habit of googling everything and making myself worry 1000 times more!
So that's my ramble about me :) x

flori
02-06-13, 23:57
Hi Holly and :welcome:
Glad you have found the site helpful. I did too.
I think most of us have googled at some time. The worst thing we can do.
Good for you in deciding you are now going to get help and I hope your meds kick in soon.

Mark13
05-06-13, 18:19
Hi Holly. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Don't listen to Dr. Google, he's a scaremonger :)

HollyM
05-06-13, 19:53
Hi Holly. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Don't listen to Dr. Google, he's a scaremonger :)

Lol thank you mark! :)

Annie0904
05-06-13, 19:54
Hi :welcome: Dr Google is banned! :ban::ban::ban::ban: