PDA

View Full Version : lots of C stories on dailymail this week

Darren1
03-06-13, 09:15
anyone else noticed?

Mondie
03-06-13, 10:16
Yep, I noticed that this morning. I stopped reading it straight away! They always see to do that, very rarely do you get positive stories in the Daily Mail...they love a crisis and love creating panic even more...silly paper.

Shivmarie
03-06-13, 11:03
Yeah i have noticed too, its what convinced me i have some sort of throat cancer with my sore throat and stuff :-(

unsure_about_this
03-06-13, 18:42
I been told to stop reading things on line, I don't read Daily Mail now only the back page on Sundays

pringles
03-06-13, 19:24
Never read the daily mail heatlh section.. Theres always like five cancer stories or some gp missing someones illness!

Sparkle1984
03-06-13, 19:56
I never read the Daily Mail any more, full stop! In my opinion, it's not only their health stories that are silly...

Shivmarie
03-06-13, 20:54
Yeah I'm avoiding it like the plague

skippy66
03-06-13, 21:29
Daily Mail is notorious for health scare stories. You could either avoid it, or a better tactic would be to try and find the scariest health story you can find and read through it. If you manage to read all the way to the end, treat yourself to something nice.

Cyberchondriac
03-06-13, 22:07
And also on TV tonight... just as I was 'enjoying' a few minutes of symptom surfing about the same thing. I guess the trouble is, we'll always find these stories wherever we turn.

Having said that, the Daily Mail is definitely one to avoid.... for a number of reasons but especially the BS in their health pages.

Uncertain27
04-06-13, 00:37
Yeah I saw one on there about a kid who got scratched by a bat and died from some rare virus, and somewhere in the small print turns out this happened in Australia where there is all kinds of dodgy wildlife! Most of their scary crime stories turn out to be US as well. Why are they reporting all these in a UK paper, is it they can't find any panic-inducing ones here so have to look abroad? :wacko: