PDA

View Full Version : i think i may need my dose increased what do you think

aggiecuttler
03-06-13, 12:16
i have been on fluoxtine 20mg for three months now and i still hit real low points i took these before and they worked perfectly but now i am finding they do not even me out i have made an appointment with my gp for wednesday to see what he says, what do you all think, and if my meds are increased will it be back to square one in regards to side effects and effect of the tablets many thanks and blessings:bighug1:

keithwms
03-06-13, 14:38
Just my two cents, but actually, I don't think it's necessarily such a bad thing to feel some low points now and then. But it's hard to tell what you're going through based only on your brief description. Can you say more about what these low points are and how they start and finish?

What I am getting at is this: have you been able to start identifying catalysts for your low points? If so, consider that it may actually be beneficial to have a low point now and then. I think the real objective of this therapy, paired with discussions with a therapist, should be to identify catalysts and start addressing those. If you are starting to feel better able to do that, then that's big progress and you can get to work on underlying causes of the A/D.

What you don't want, in my opinion, is to feel like you're in a numb haze. I think you want to stop well short of that and be aware enough of your ups and downs that you can take concrete steps towards addressing underlying causes. That's the enabling aspect of this med therapy. It's not the same thing as just making you always feel better regardless- an important distinction.

All that said, perhaps you do indeed need a higher dose, but that is something I'd approach in a three-way conversation with doc, therapist, and yourself in a lotus position ;)