PDA

View Full Version : panicky please help scared ive of liver failure as parcetamol for 10 days now

lollypopgirl1981
03-06-13, 15:01
please help, panicky as ive been having around 6 paracetamol a day in (24hrs) for 10 days due to toothache, been on amoxcicillin for 7 days. i have not had 6 paracetamol every day sometimes only 4 x 500mg a day in morning and at night now im scared my liver is failuring as i dont want to eat today and feel nausea these i know are two early signs of liver failure....has anyone else had paracetamol for long periods i havent had more than 6 a day in 24 hrs....please help x

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

now i have a slight headache over my right eye and to scared to have any parcetamol for it. last time i had them 2 x 500mg was last night at 10pm...none since?

Shivmarie
03-06-13, 15:08
Hi,

I've had alot of times where ive been on painkillers for long duration, have you had any side effects?
the not eating and the nausea may be also down to the fact your anxious as your panicking? whenever ive felt abit unsure i will call the nhs line, or 111 just to get abit of advice, but personally it sounds to me that your just anxious because of all the worry, and the fact youve not had since last night is good, if you dont want to call 111, call your doctors or nip to your local chemist and just get abit of advice for piece of mind.

bibliophilic
03-06-13, 15:36
I took huge doses of that and ibuprofen daily for months. Made me nauseous because it messed with my stomach. My liver functions are fine. I wouldn't be worried unless you drank 5 bottles of vodka to wash the pills down. :) Antibiotics also cause nausea and loss of appetite as does infection. Give your doc a call and ask for reassurance :hugs:

lollypopgirl1981
03-06-13, 17:27
thank you both for your replys, rang chemist, and said its fine....have been in a massive panic for past two weeks so feel very stressed about everything at the mo...thanks guys x

AlexandriaUK
03-06-13, 17:36
I HATE DOCTOR GOOGLE I think he should be struck off, their are better people on here to ask for advice I promise, I have RA and lots of people I know who also have it use paracetamol every day as their only form of pain relief, some have taken them for years.
On the internet you will always get the worst case scenario, if you must ask then go on the NHS site UK of course at least you will get common sense most of the time, mind I once asked about heart burn and it told me to ring an ambulance, hence massive panic attack

lollypopgirl1981
11-06-13, 13:14
thank you, good idea...x