PDA

View Full Version : Can stress cause sinus headaches or is it tension headache?

bluesuede
03-06-13, 15:26
hello, i have had allergies for years, but for the last two years I've had chronic pressure and headaches around the forehead top of nose. These headaches would only happen around spring season but now they are constant and a lot more intense than before and are worsened by stress and actually started six months after my granddad died who i was very close to for years. The thing is my sinus brain scan was clear but my allergy test was highly positive. So i cant tell if it it is stress or allergies? Ive also become socially withdrawn and gained some weight/lethargic. The other day I was actually feeling fine for the first time in a while, and then i bumped into someone i don't particularly like and the headaches started back and im still experiencing them now. Do theses sound like sinus or tension headaches?

aggiecuttler
03-06-13, 15:43
what was your allergy test positive for? might be helpful to find out what you are sensitive to, if you get one when you were in a state of anxiety then more likely tension headaches i would have thought, but it could be from your allergy good luck blessings

bluesuede
03-06-13, 15:57
Hi, the allergies are for mold and pollen, so i don't if this is causing the headaches, or if the headaches are manifestation of years of stress. Ive started going to therapy and its helping a bit, still feel sick everyday though.

AlexandriaUK
03-06-13, 17:14
Hi I have had a more or less constant headache for 11 weeks, waiting for an open MRI at Market Harborough to see if I have a brain :huh: I think that tension headaches are bearable and just come on every day for me, sometimes they are pounding but mostly just an all over pain and round eyes and neck, I have been diagnosed with spondolitis in neck too add to all the other rubbish ailments LOL how often are you getting yours, and what does Doc tell you they are, sounds like they are tension to me.

bluesuede
03-06-13, 17:23
Hi aleaxandria the doctor cant give me a straight answer coz the scan is clear, but mine have been almost constant for past year or two, but seem to be improving somewhat

AlexandriaUK
03-06-13, 17:30
The main thing is that your scan was clear, I cant wait to have mine as its driving me nuts and its better to know than to imagine, has he given you anything for it, and do you get it worse when you use the comp as it can be posture as well