PDA

View Full Version : Been to the doctor again

rebeccad
03-06-13, 16:59
Well here I am again after a few months away,I'm 33 and this times it's with a pain low in my pelvis on the left hand side quiet low, had it about 6 weeks and thought it was to do with my period, anyhow I've since had my period and still have it. Sometimes it's like stitch sometimes it's like period pain and I can feel it in my back . I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago he did a urine sample felt around a bit and said he wasn't concerned, I can't literally get it out of my mind I go on holiday next week and I know I won't enjoy it, they are real pains and i know it can't be anxiety, I went back to the doctor today who was lovely and said he would do all he could to reassure me, he felt my tummy lifted my legs etc... Then hit me with I'll send you for a scan although I don't think it's necessary, me of course now think its ovarian or bowel cancer and the scan will show that, wanted him to send me for a scan dee down but now he is I think it's because he knows something's wrong, am I a little young at 33 to get ovarian cancer I'm scared to google :-( thanks for reading x

AlexandriaUK
03-06-13, 17:07
Dont Google as I am sure you would end up with 101 different diseases, anxiety causes the colon to work faster and this can cause pain on left and right side, its like a dull ache, he would be able to feel anything abnormal I promise and if you had just said ok I except your diagnosis he wouldn't have considered a scan but he is doing what he thinks is best for some one with HA he is sending you for the scan to put your mind at rest, anxiety can give you pains any where in your body and it can be as real to you as a broken leg is to some one who has truly broken their leg.
Try not too worry and have the scan and go on holiday and have a great time