PDA

View Full Version : re: the medication citilapram

sue3
02-10-06, 16:13
Hi, i have noticed since joining your articles on citilopram which have been useful to some degree, but I am feeling no better about these tabs and feel I might just as well go cold turkey. The problem of these side effects has not improved since going back up to 40mg. I am off sick from work at the moment as although i enjoy my job, it can be a stressful occupation and at the moment I am not able to deal with work while trying to deal with these side effects. I feel like crying mostly because I feel like these drugs are ruling my life and not the other way around. It is so frustrating and if i had known i would not have agreed to take them but they did at the time help me through a difficult period. I just feel at a loss now and only hope I will eventually get them out of my system for good. Sorry to continue on a topic that has been widely discussed before and hope i dont sound too negative, I'm trying hard not too but each day feels like a battle at the moment. But thank god for this site it is helpful to off load thank you.

sue
x

yorkylover
02-10-06, 17:17
Hi Sue,how long you been on them?Im on 20 mg.I was put back on citalopram a few months ago.The side affects were horrid,but after two weeks it all settled down.If you feel there not doing anything perhaps you need a change of medication.If you come off you need to do it slowly.
Take care

Ellen XX

sue3
02-10-06, 17:30
Hi Ellen, i have been on them for 4 years and dont really feel i need them anymore, i am also worried that if the medication is just changed i may be going from one set of side effects to another. Also thanks for replying, i have realised today that i could have gone to the medications area on this site where this and other drug problems have been discussed. [:I]so I really appreciate it. I have tried cutting these down but failed, however, i have just read on the site i mentioned that their are drops you can take, so i will asked for these and hope the side effects will not get too intense when reducing the dose.

sue
xx