PDA

View Full Version : Shaking and trouble falling asleep?

green21
03-06-13, 19:31
Reading a lot of threads posted on this website kind of makes my query seem rather insignificant.. But anyway.

I'm a 14 year old girl, and in the past 6 months have been having strange episodes of not being able to get to sleep, followed by shaking and then sometimes being sick. It started in January when after 3 hours of attempting to get to sleep, my legs started shaking. As this hadn't happened before I was quite worried, and after about half an hour I was suddenly sick.
After going to the doctors and seeing the nurse, she didn't know what it was. This didn't happen again for another 4 months or so. But the next time it happened it was with nausea again, but also stomach ache. It then happened again a month later (but without the stomach ache and nausea.)
Normally I try not to worry a lot, but lately I can't really help it. Sometimes in the day I'll find my hands shaking for no reason when I'm not worrying or thinking about anything. These episodes of laying awake for 4 hours trying to get to sleep + shaking are becoming more and more frequent, and in the last week its happened 3 times.
When I can't sleep and my legs are shaking, my heart begins to beat really fast, and it sometimes does that in the day as well (its happening currently.) I try to breathe slower but I can't help it.
I know this all could just be my age & I could be overreacting but since recently I'm only getting around 4 hours of sleep a night because of it, I find it really annoying. Does anyone know if it is linked to anxiety or anything similar?

flori
03-06-13, 19:38
Hi Green and :welcome:

It could possibly be linked to anxiety. Does your parents know this is still going on ?
My advice is to go back to doctor again and ask him/her.

green21
03-06-13, 19:42
Thank you :)
Yes, they do. I have been to the doctors twice, one to a nurse and one to an actual doctor, both who had said they did not know what it was. I had a blood test to check it was nothing to do with any physical problem to do with the blood, and they came out fine.

Hyena
03-06-13, 19:54
Hello Green :) I am 16 years old and I get that too, but only after my first panic attack so I know it is linked to my anxiety. In your case I'm not sure but if you're an anxiety sufferer it will probably be the cause. First time it happened I got really scared but now I just don't care and it only happens sometimes. Good luck finding out what it is :)

PanchoGoz
03-06-13, 20:10
May be restless legs syndrome, then it makes you scared so you get queezy and vomit?

flori
03-06-13, 20:10
Hi Green,
That`s good your parents know. I am sure they will look after you.

That`s good that Hyena has replied.
Hello Hyena and :welcome:

I will leave you young ones to chat:)