PDA

View Full Version : TOS

Mr m anxious
04-06-13, 00:44
Im in pain most days now especially when I'm sat down or doing anything slightly strenuous. I have a sore neck, swollen muscle just behind left shoulder( above shoulder blade) and sore left pec muscle. I sometimes get pin and needles in left arm, burning shoulder/arm joint sometimes on left and right, occasional tinnitus also. I've read about thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) and I think this is my condition. This can be caused by poor posture like slumping in a chair or leaning back whilst driving, I do this a lot especially since I've developed HA since December and like us all my mucles have been very tense. I'm seeing consultant tommorow for check up and gonna mention my issues.
Anyone here being diagnosed with TOS ? And if so what treatments do you get.
The only thing that doesn't fit with this condition is I don't suffer in bed.
Bloody marvellous ! As I'm writing this my left leg muscle has started to twitch, oh how I love my life at the moment !!!

Mr m anxious
04-06-13, 14:56
Can anyone relate to this or have similar problems and not necessarily TOS?

CharlieM
04-06-13, 15:35
Hey,

I am seeing my GP tomorrow morning and will be discussing this exact topic with her.

My symptoms match the following :

Fibromyalgia
TOS
TMJ
Compressed neck vertebrae
Heart Disease

Since heart disease has been 99% ruled out by tests, I need my GP to take my symptoms seriously. I don't want to be fobbed off with 'Anxiety'. Yes, I am anxious and do have HA, but the physical symptoms still need addressing.

I'll let you know how I get on.