PDA

View Full Version : I am so scared...

Uncertain27
04-06-13, 02:28
they need to see me about my blood tests and I'm sure I have lymphoma or liver disease. :weep::weep:

aggiecuttler
04-06-13, 11:05
blood results could be low iron, lacking a mineral it need not be anything major, when do you see your dr? good luck and blessings

nomorepanic
04-06-13, 11:11
If you had anything serious you would be seen straight away

Have you asked which blood test they want to see you about?

Uncertain27
04-06-13, 15:03
I went in for my blood test results after they called me yesterday (freaking out of course, I asked my mum to come with me because I was sure they would tell me I had at least one dangerous condition) and it turned out to just be that I have a high eosinophil count, which is from an infection and can take weeks to go away. I had a very nasty-looking infected insect bite a couple of weeks before I went for the test, and the doctor said it would almost certainly be from that, he said 'ah-ha' when I told him about it.
I need to get tested again in a month to see if it goes back to normal, but even if it doesn't it's probably nothing bad. I asked if it was anything to do with leukaemia/lymphoma and he said those were difficult to find but he didn't see anything on there that would make him concerned.
:):):blush::):)

nomorepanic
04-06-13, 15:09
Hi

2 of us posted on your other thread as well so I will merge this one with it in case others answers and now you know the results.

Uncertain27
04-06-13, 15:17
Hi

2 of us posted on your other thread as well so I will merge this one with it in case others answers and now you know the results.
Thanks. :)

Darren1
04-06-13, 15:20
Hi

I have to say, the way these threads have been merged is most confusing. I just spent 10 minutes typing a reply and when i submitted it, said the thread no longer existed. Ive just lost everything ive typed

nomorepanic
04-06-13, 15:27
Sorry Darren

Darren1
04-06-13, 17:29
I went in for my blood test results after they called me yesterday (freaking out of course, I asked my mum to come with me because I was sure they would tell me I had at least one dangerous condition) and it turned out to just be that I have a high eosinophil count, which is from an infection and can take weeks to go away. I had a very nasty-looking infected insect bite a couple of weeks before I went for the test, and the doctor said it would almost certainly be from that, he said 'ah-ha' when I told him about it.
I need to get tested again in a month to see if it goes back to normal, but even if it doesn't it's probably nothing bad. I asked if it was anything to do with leukaemia/lymphoma and he said those were difficult to find but he didn't see anything on there that would make him concerned.
:):):blush::):)

Hello

That is great news and sounds like a perfectly good explanation! Has it put your worries aside? What were your symptoms again?

Its funny you mention an insect bite because 10 days before my neck glands swell up I was on holiday in spain and got a nasty bite on my leg. It didn't start to heal until I picked like a scab off of it. Even now 6 weeks later i still have a red scar. I did not show my doctor because I didnt even think about it relating to swollen glands!

What did you bite look like?

Mine looked like this but had a 'bubble'/scab thing in the centre which I picked off and was painful.

http://www.howdoeslooklike.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/a-tick-bite-3.jpg

Gee
04-06-13, 19:59
My bite looked like this!!!! I started getting v odd dizzy spells n burning skin - I'm forcing myself to have a lymes disease test because I googled too much :(
HA sucks big time!!

The simplest things are blown out of proportion - all my mates think I'm mad - I like to think I'm 'cautious' lol

Uncertain27
04-06-13, 20:11
Darren, mine looked a bit like that but worse, the red part round it was huge and it was hot so definitely infected. I was actually about to go to the doctor for antibiotics when it started clearing up. Although the doctor thinks I don't actually have any swollen lymph nodes, I can feel one but it's normal. It went hard after I was poking it too much a few weeks ago but that's nearly gone now and it's almost the same as it was when I first noticed it. :blush:

And yes I'm very relieved! :)