PDA

View Full Version : Period problems (women only!)

EmilyK83
04-06-13, 09:19
Ok probably a case of TMI in this post but I'm sorry...didn't know who else to ask!

I've had a contraceptive implant in my arm for about a year now - used to have one in the past but I had it removed for a while to see if that helped to lessen my anxiety (no chance!)

I'm now not sure if my latest issues are caused by the implant or by something else :(

I had no periods at all when I first had the implant put in, but over the last 2 weeks I've been bleeding - and it's not normal bleeding. It looks like old blood (a kind of rusty colour) with a lot of clots.

Has anyone else had this problem or know someone else who has? I don't know if it's normal :( x

KeeKee
04-06-13, 10:44
Hi,

I have never used the coil but I do know that when most contraceptives are halted it can take a short while for your periods to return back to normal.

fluff
04-06-13, 10:52
I havnt had one myself but recently had a bad experiance with coil! Anyway I was asking about diferent forms on contraception at my family plan clinic she mentioned implant can cause bleeding then it can stop for months etc so I think it can change :-/

nomorepanic
04-06-13, 10:54
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

KeeKee
04-06-13, 10:58
:blush:Sorry Emily I said the Coil when I meant the implant

However, I am under the impression that all contraception alters periods for a while once it has been stopped.