PDA

View Full Version : CBT/Mental health services!

jayjoe18
04-06-13, 17:26
I've been having CBT for the past 2 months and have only 9 sessions left already! I feel like all I've done is explain my problems over and over and answer surveys & that's it! I've previously had CBT when I was 16 and it was very good, I had nearly a years worth of treatment and it really worked with my health anxiety but this time around it just seems like I'm getting nowhere. I don't know if I've given it long enough yet or my worries this time around are more deeper rooted, I don't know. I also keep saying that I don't just have the one phobia that's causing me anxiety, I have social/general anxiety that's created the phobia and I really need treatment for this too but the sessions don't seem to be anything about my social/general anxiety. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

I also missed a session last week due to illness and was shocked to know that you get 2 missed sessions and basically your therapy will end! Ridiculous! I understand there's limited resources but that's just a bit harsh as many people become too ill to leave the house once the anxiety/panic attacks have kicked in.

Aghhhhhhhhh! Really don't know the point in this post just need to vent :)

Steve37
04-06-13, 19:07
I've been having CBT for the past 2 months and have only 9 sessions left already! I feel like all I've done is explain my problems over and over and answer surveys & that's it! I've previously had CBT when I was 16 and it was very good, I had nearly a years worth of treatment and it really worked with my health anxiety but this time around it just seems like I'm getting nowhere. I don't know if I've given it long enough yet or my worries this time around are more deeper rooted, I don't know. I also keep saying that I don't just have the one phobia that's causing me anxiety, I have social/general anxiety that's created the phobia and I really need treatment for this too but the sessions don't seem to be anything about my social/general anxiety. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

I also missed a session last week due to illness and was shocked to know that you get 2 missed sessions and basically your therapy will end! Ridiculous! I understand there's limited resources but that's just a bit harsh as many people become too ill to leave the house once the anxiety/panic attacks have kicked in.

Aghhhhhhhhh! Really don't know the point in this post just need to vent :)

You basically get 12 sessions, then that's that! CBT helped me a bit in it taught me more about my GAD and Agoraphobia. But, my therapist took me to a MASSIVE Asda not far from me. That mde me worse to be honest, i walked out of it!