PDA

View Full Version : Is this O.C.D or am i just being silly? Please help

lucyh13
04-06-13, 20:24
Hi. For about two years now iv'e suffered with having to do certain rituals/tasks everyday. It started at school when i got told off about something, the night before that happened I thought about what hairstyle i would do, i drew a picture and said certain things to my mother. ( I did many other things as well). I believed that doing these certain things caused me to get into trouble. So for 2 years now I've done certain rituals like not drawing, don't think or look at anything to with beauty, only say a selected few words to my parents. ( i do do other rules, they are just the main ones)

I do this for anytime anything bad happens. I've never told anyone about this until now, so i don't know if i'm just being silly. However, i want to stop this as it's taking over my life and stopping me from doing what i like.

If anyone does have and experiences/advice then please post.

Lucy xx

Stormsky
04-06-13, 23:05
Your not being silly, Rituals and feeling you have to do certain things do come under OCD.. Mine was checking things, couldn't leave house without checking lights, switches etc a number of times, as if I didn't something bad might happen...OCD is a wide spectrum of things... If its getting out if control you should speak to someone, or see your gp.
Your certainly not alone , millions have mild OCD , things like, liking things done a certain way...