PDA

View Full Version : Please Help.. Feel Like Something Wrong.. Anxiety?

sobad
04-06-13, 22:40
Hi

So let me tell you my story

Around March time I was jogging regularly to try and keep fit and then woke up one morning and could barely breathe (Or the sensation I could not) Thought I was going to die and quickly jumped into the shower so I could go to A&E

Since then, I have had non stop breathing problems for the last few months as follows and its starting to get really bad.

- Feels like my body is not getting enough oxygen
- I get this feeling in my stomach then this feeling I can only describe as something dreaded is about to happen and my body is about to shut down any minute.
- Seems to be getting worse! Happening almost every hour or more daily, Which leads me to believe its not anxiety - I mean I am basically experiencing this throughout the day like I can't breathe.
- Started to get headaches now and body aches really bad
- When I get really tired and about to fall asleep the feeling hits bad and I get scared to fall asleep.
- For the first couple of minutes waking up in the morning I feel ok then bam it starts all day. (This is only if I dont wake up breathless)

I had a chest xray and echocardiogram and it all come back ok and blood tests ok.

I have multiple sclerosis

Any ideas?

Stormsky
04-06-13, 22:44
Anxiety causes us not to breath properly, as in we shallow breath , and if you concentrate too much on your breathing it makes it worse... If you've had tests then I'm sure you'll be ok, it's probably anxiety causing it.
However, if your really worrying, then go back to gp.

flori
04-06-13, 22:50
Hi Sobad and :welcome: to the site.
Sorry you have been feeling unwell and hope you find the support and information you need on here.

All the symptoms you describe sound like anxiety. Has your doctor mentioned that it could be this as your tests have come back clear ?

sobad
04-06-13, 22:51
Hi Sobad and :welcome: to the site.
Sorry you have been feeling unwell and hope you find the support and information you need on here.

All the symptoms you describe sound like anxiety. Has your doctor mentioned that it could be this as your tests have come back clear ?

He said it before I even had tests, gave me some diazepam I took them for 2 days but stopped as they were not helping breathing and just made me super sleepy

MargaretHale
05-06-13, 00:00
If you have MS, could it be the 'ms hug' my friend has this sometimes, but to be honest, it sounds more like anxiety.