PDA

View Full Version : New to Fluoxetine... Not a fan so far!

AnxietyGirl87
04-06-13, 23:42
Hello all,

I am new to this site but was recommended it by my doctor and just from reading other posts I know that I am not the only one!

I suffer from health anxiety, general anxiety, depression and Emetophobia. I was taking 20mg of Citalopram everyday for about 5 years and I felt that although it helped take the edge off, I still felt anxious very often as well as depressed and I just didn't feel it was working. So my doctor prescribed me Fluoxetine. I started with 20mg but the doctor said to go up to 40mg after a few weeks which I did. However, I have gone back down to 20mg because I felt MORE anxious on 40! I've been on fluoxetine for about 2 months now and I just don't think I am happy on it. I still feel anxious every single day. However, having read other people's posts on here I think maybe I need to stick at it for a bit longer as it seems to have a very negative effect on everyone to start with?

Anyone think after 2 months I should be feeling different or is this normal?

Thank you :)

Stormsky
04-06-13, 23:49
I would have thought after 2 months you should've settled to them, but they may just not be right for you. You can only go by your gp advice really.