PDA

View Full Version : Extreme vertigo complete with vomiting. Awful!

bibliophilic
05-06-13, 02:30
So last night I was suddenly struck with vertigo, dizziness, and nausea. I was looking up at the microwave and it hit me. I ended up throwing up but it surprisingly did nothing for me. It was a little milder when I woke up this morning but quickly returned to full blown. I can't even walk two feet to the bathroom without assistance.

I've never had this before. I tried two Bonine tablets but it did nothing. The problem is that I literally can't get to a doctor because I'm too dizzy and everything spins. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Dizziness is one of my anxiety triggers and this is beyond coping with. :(

GoogleNoMore
05-06-13, 02:42
oh that does sound awful!

I've never had it myself, but I know someone who did - for her it ended up being an inner ear infection that was treated with antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon!

katielou80
05-06-13, 08:06
my friend has had this a few times, she couldnt get to drs either, he prescribed her some tablets over the phone that she had to dissolve under her tounge>?>? xx

bibliophilic
05-06-13, 13:16
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to call my doctor but I'm guessing he'll say to come in. I was hoping that I'd feel better this morning but I still feel really, really awful. I'm starving and thirsty but having a hard time getting in anything. Honestly, if I thought I could make the trip, I'd just go to the ER but I can't even go to the bathroom :( Scary, I really hate vertigo and I've never ever experienced it like this before so it's very trying.

GoogleNoMore
05-06-13, 13:31
Sorry to hear you're not feeling better, Biblio. I have heard that vertigo can be terrifying.

And I am sure the hunger/thirst is not helping. Good luck with the doctor, and hope you are on the mend soon!

bibliophilic
05-06-13, 14:23
Thank you! I really appreciate all of the kind words and replies from everyone. It helps so much with the panic that I get from this vertigo. :hugs:

bibliophilic
07-06-13, 02:33
Just wanted to update that I managed to drag myself to a clinic today. After about a 1 minute consultation, the doctor said that I don't have an infection, I have a small amount of fluid in my ears, and to follow up with an ENT if it persists. As it is, my vertigo is about 95% gone and I just have an annoying dizziness and slight nausea. I've continued taking huge doses of Allegra so hopefully it's just allergies and it'll all go away soon.

I have an early morning doctor's appointment tomorrow which I absolutely cannot reschedule, so I'm seriously hoping I make it there without passing out or vomiting! Send me your best wishes, guys, and chime in if you have any tips or if you've ever experienced anything like this before! :hugs:

anxious_thoughts
07-06-13, 02:39
Good to hear that you went to the doctors! I bet it's nothing too serious. Good luck tomorrow, everything will be okay. :hugs:

bibliophilic
07-06-13, 03:06
Thanks a million, Jenn! Hope you're doing okay. I worry about your anxiety and wish I could say something to make you feel better! :hugs:

anxious_thoughts
07-06-13, 03:09
Thanks so much!
I wish it could just all go away. :( it's pretty bad at the moment.