PDA

View Full Version : really scared... please help

whitneyS
02-10-06, 19:50
I went to a therapist for what I believe is anxiety problems, and I explained what I believe the most paralyzing of symtoms to be caused by the anxiety attacks. Which would be blacking out. What I mean by this, is looking around everything looks as if I'm in a dark room with a strobe light. Like, when my eyes are open, I see images flashing between normal and pitch black. When I told my therapist this, she seemed concerned, and asked if I've seen a neurologist. I'm very, very scared, because I haven't seen one. Has anyone else had this same 'blacking out' feeling before?

Whitney

mackncody
02-10-06, 20:00
Sorry never had that. But I do have to say sometimes when I'm panicking I feel like I'm going deep in my body and its like I'm in a cave with rock around me. I know that doesn't help you but I didn't know what else to say.....

See the neurologist, maybe its just a simple problem that they can fix and you'll be much happier for it?[:P] Either way at least you'll know...

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

Ma Larkin
03-10-06, 14:50
Hi Whitney, I don't think your therapist meant to worry you. The first thing anyone thinks of they have any kind of symptoms within their "head region" if you like, is always the same "there's something wrong with the brain, it's cancer, it's a tumour". It's very rare that anxiety and panic cause fainting, but they do cause black-outs for all-sorts of reasons. Could be medication, could be tiredness, poor diet - not eating enough, low blood pressure. There are a hundred things I could name and I'm sure you have absolutely nothing to worry about. My eyesight often goes black and I get little white squiggly lines in front of them, especially when I'm tired, but I'm also on anti-depressants and I think that these have a lot to do with it because they do make me feel lethargic.

Don't worry unnecessarily Whitney. Go see your GP to alleviate your fears.

Take care, Les