PDA

View Full Version : Is this an aniexty merry go round?

Mr m anxious
05-06-13, 17:22
Please tell me if your story is similar
I had achy chest and right shoulder blade pain which my have been to do with gerd
Then one day I went dizzy for a second and palps started, I wasn't anxious before this but certainly was after.
Then believed I had oesophical cancer, endoscopy was clear
Still anxious because then I thought it was heart, whilst worrying I started to get aching shoulders.
Heart tested by treadmill and scan and was clear, shoulders getting worse and now neck ache started with burning sensations.
So was relieved about all tests clear including 3 blood tests which also clear.
Thought my aches and pains would go after being cleared but NO, they are worse, my muscles now feel like there stinging plus prickly skin in chest mainly and sometimes left arm is also aches sometimes.
So in conclusion = small symptoms then anxiety then anxiety physical symtoms then more anxiety due to physical symptoms.
Am I going mad, or do I have neuro illness ?
Sorry for long post.

Stormsky
05-06-13, 17:28
Anxiety causes symptoms, then the symptoms lead to more Anx ..catch 22

CharlieM
05-06-13, 17:30
Absolutely right. Merry go round is a great description.

The great Anxiety Conundrum is "Which came first, the anxiety or the symptoms????"

Drives me to distraction trying to work out what is happening in my body!!!

Mr m anxious
05-06-13, 17:35
Yes charlie I can't work it out either, docs seem to look at me and think I'm crazy, oh how I wish they knew how it felt.

Mr m anxious
05-06-13, 22:25
Anymore people going to comment on this subject ?

Stormsky
05-06-13, 22:28
Believing you have all these conditions will cause all sorts of turmoil and symptoms in our body...let alone the Anx it causes.
We have to trust the docs and tests done., although I know it's easier said than done.

Mr m anxious
05-06-13, 23:03
Your right stormsky we just all need to move on.

Ccat
06-06-13, 00:36
Yes- I couldn't agree more mr anxious!

I had headaches, tingling in face and left arm- my diagnosis- brain tumour

Had mri- ok:)

Now i have more tingling / shakiness etc- and my thoughts have switched to other horrid possible illnesses :shrug:

I was made redundant- and had a bit of a meltdown (it wasn't just that- but it was kinda the final straw)- have ended up starting sertraline

Now am getting side-effcets (I think) but i must be a bit mad cos i cant remember exactly which things i felt before taking it and which may be side effects (dr reckons all anxiety- but she kinda won't admit it has side- effects!)

Argh! Ccat xxx