PDA

View Full Version : Sore Armpit (Scared)

Munchlet
05-06-13, 17:56
So I'm getting into a bit of a state.

For about 2 months now I keep intermittently getting a sore spot under my arm and I don't think it's always the same arm.

There's absolutely nothing there, it's not red, no lump just tender to touch and comes on really suddenly and then goes again.

I have started shaving under my arms recently ( was using cream) so I'm not sure if this is the problem but there's no sign of any shaving bumps or anything.

I'm trying to be rational as it literally lasts no more than a few hours, day at the most then it disappears and can go for up to a week or two weeks but I am worried as googling just says breast cancer.

I had a breast exam last week and the doctor said everything was fine and checked all my nodes and said they were fine and I can't feel anything it's just like a tender spot.

Any ideas?

aggiecuttler
05-06-13, 18:35
how about your deodrant could that be an issue? or may be a new detergent? take care blessings

Munchlet
05-06-13, 19:43
I've been using roll on deodrants recently and as I said I am shaving under my arms regularly which I hadn't been doing as I'd always used hair removal cream, so I'm hoping it's something to do with that.

I keep thinking if it was lymph nodes and it was anything to worry about surely it wouldn't feel fine for days at a time and then crop up and if it was lymph nodes then the Dr would have felt them I hope but she said they were fine.##:mad: I hate HA

Apple81
05-06-13, 21:44
Do not google! If you've only recently started shaving it's probably an infected follicle or you've scraped the skin. I sometimes get sore after I've shaved. Having said that, I've found a couple of red heat spots on my breast today and they've freaked me out.

Munchlet
06-06-13, 06:28
Ok so this morning, it hardly hurts at all, just a tiny bit tender when I push it. If it was anything serious would it come and go like that? I always though lymph nodes just got bigger and bigger? The weird this is I can't feel anything, no lumps or bumps, just feels tender.

Darren1
06-06-13, 08:57
So I'm getting into a bit of a state.

For about 2 months now I keep intermittently getting a sore spot under my arm and I don't think it's always the same arm.

There's absolutely nothing there, it's not red, no lump just tender to touch and comes on really suddenly and then goes again.

I have started shaving under my arms recently ( was using cream) so I'm not sure if this is the problem but there's no sign of any shaving bumps or anything.

I'm trying to be rational as it literally lasts no more than a few hours, day at the most then it disappears and can go for up to a week or two weeks but I am worried as googling just says breast cancer.

I had a breast exam last week and the doctor said everything was fine and checked all my nodes and said they were fine and I can't feel anything it's just like a tender spot.

Any ideas?

I get sore armpits too but usually goes after 1 day. I put it down to lifting something heavy or my tshirt pulling on it.

I will not examine my armpits - too scared!!