PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Christo
05-06-13, 20:04
Hi Everyone,

Just introducing myself, I've been struggling with depression for a couple of years, been in denial for that length of time. Iv'e always thought 'i'll feel better tomorrow'. But unfortunately I never did, I finally plucked up the courage to go to see my GP about 6 month ago, I couldn't cope with the feelings anymore. I am on Mirtazapine, I've just had it increased to 45mg as I am still struggling to cope with everyday life. I've also been prescribed Propranolol to try and calm my panic attacks, I get terrible panic feelings in a morning the minute I wake up, the feeling is horrible, my chest hurts and my arms hurt, I think it must be adrenalin rushing through my system, but the feeling is awful, I cant seem to control it, the phone can ring and I get the same feeling rush over me, I know it irrational but I cant help it. It lasts most of the day before I feel calmer about things, I feel exhausted with it all and can't see any end to the feelings I get. Any advice on coping strategies would be appreciated, thank you all.

Annie0904
05-06-13, 20:07
Hi :welcome:

Stormsky
05-06-13, 20:10
Hi and welcome...just a bit of info you might not know, regarding waking in a panic...just before we wake, our body gives a shot of adrenaline to the heart to wake us...in Anx sufferers this can cause panic on waking., so yes it is adrenaline rushing through your system as you said.

Christo
05-06-13, 20:24
Hi Stormsky,
Thank you for that, at least I know what it is now and why it happens when I wake, any threads you could recommend to me that I could read on coping with anxiety / panic? Cheers

Stormsky
05-06-13, 20:37
Read all the info on the left columns...use search engine with any specific words you want , to bring up past threads too.

Bekzie
05-06-13, 21:28
Hi and :welcome:

The headings in the left column have loads of great info in well worth reading

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Hi and :welcome:

The headings in the left column have loads of great info in well worth reading

Mark13
05-06-13, 23:49
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Christo
06-06-13, 21:24
Thank you everyone, I'll take a look at info on left, cheers.