PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Feels Worse This Time

artisticrender
05-06-13, 21:14
I have been a member of NMP for a year so now although I haven't been as active as of late. :blush: Ill try and be brief as I tend not to stop once I get started :D

3 years ago I was agoraphobic. Last year or so I started to claw my way out. I was going to therapy, taking CBT and I started taking Citalapram. I was doing really well and would almost consider myself cured.

I had a few iffy spots during the winter. But what completely flawed me was contracting a chest infection over the Christmas period which lingerd for a good month or so. I had taken a precautionary dose of antibiotics but it seems a lot of the symptoms where anxiety. This as left me a post nasal drip that I cant get rid off which of cause effects my breathing, causing more complicated anxiety.

Funnily enough I became agoraphobic after a particularly nasty bug the first time.

What Im curious about is. Has any of you good people had any thing similar ie. Becoming anxious again and it being more potent than the first time? and how did you overcome it psychologically?

Additionally, I am experiencing some new sensations. I have been getting what I like to call a flooding/washing sensation run through my body. I seem to panic really easily this time round where I thought I had more control the last time round.

I think this had become more of an abstract piece of brain vomit more than seeking advise with targeted questions :P If anyone has any help, advise or similar stories it would be greatly appreciated.

:yahoo:

Annie0904
05-06-13, 21:23
A similar thing happened to me. I had been anxiety free for a year and then had an accident which resulted in me fracturing 2 metatarsals. This triggered my anxiety again big time. It happened a year ago now and I have just began to feel like I am overcoming it again. I posted my story about this yesterday.

artisticrender
05-06-13, 21:31
Thanks Ill give it a read. Do you think like me, when you are unwell or injured in your case you feel more vulnerable to "dangers" out there your anxiety worsens because you feel you are ill equipped to deal with what ever might happen. Just being curious :D

Annie0904
05-06-13, 22:09
Yes I do..whenever I am ill or injured my anxiety gets worse and I worry how I will cope with situations that may happen.

Justin1973
06-06-13, 20:37
Oh yep, whenever I get ill, really ill, I come out of it with being more prone to stress, anxiety, the mind chatter and my body not feeling 100%

It's a vicious circle getting ill sometimes. I've recovered from a nasty bout of flue recently. I feel tense much of the time at the mo. I've been threating about a wedding I'm going ton in August. Thoughts like; I've got to wear a suit, sit in a stuffy registry office, full of people for half an hour. How am I gonna deal with this? Before the flue, I don't give that situation a moments thought and felt I could do it well enough.

I think by that time I may will feel that way again. Right now, I'm just not as relaxed at the mo. I'm not enjoying each day as much as I'd like to.

I'm gonna throw myself back into the techniques I've learnt in stress control class and use the relaxation CD everyday. It's the best way to get back in track again. My body's behaviour aggravates and causes tension the most. It'll effect my thought patterns as it's trying to.

I think we achieve so much to get to feeling okay again. When we get ill, stress is put on our body and during recovery. Once we're over it, our bodies have to try and adapt to feeling normal again. So, it sets us back a bit.

Hope you find your way back to peace and calm soon :) Keeping plugging away and if you have any relaxation CD's tapes, use them everyday when you have time to :)