PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

Shivmarie
05-06-13, 22:34
Been prescribed 2mg diazepam short term for my anxiety but scared incase they effect me bad. I have been really anxious recently too, obsessing thinking, health anxiety is sky high, chest is tight, been checked out so many times and I'm ok but need something it's driving me insane x

Annie0904
05-06-13, 22:39
They will be fine to take short term and are really helpful.

steveo
05-06-13, 22:39
I was the same in January! I was more scared than anything to take one! I was worried it would make me feel funny or drunk or stoned or drugged up! I too, came on here and asked people. I was having a terrible panic attack and just couldn't deal with it.

I had the 2mg tablet in my hand for about 20 minutes, shaking and scared to take it. I took the advice of people on here and took it. 20minutes later, I felt wonderful. It was like someone had taken the blanket of panic off me.

They won't effect you negatively. They just work! Pop a 2mg a see how you feel. They do help!

Just don't take them regularly or for more than 4 weeks.

Let us know how you got on! xxx

Shivmarie
05-06-13, 22:56
I've only been given 12 tablets so I'm hoping they might help, I just don't want any weird side effects and stuff x

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

I just wish these stupid thoughts will go too xx

steveo
05-06-13, 23:12
You won't get side effects from the odd one off tablet. Just take one :) It will make you feel better! x

Shivmarie
06-06-13, 10:08
Thanks stevoe i managed to get off to sleep without one but today ill be sure to take one, seeing my partner after 6 months apart later so really anxious lol x

Jan11
07-06-13, 21:21
When you are feeling anxious or having an attack Diazepam just brings you back to a normal level. For people that don't suffer from this it can make them sleepy but i've found it makes me feel on a normal level again. I have 5mg prescribed but I normally try to only take a half of it. If you only take it when required you will be ok with them. Hope this has helped :)

Shivmarie
09-06-13, 10:21
Thanks jan.
I'm really bad today so thinking of taking one

Jan11
10-06-13, 18:51
Hi Shivmarie, how did you get on yesterday? I've been really quite bad and ended up taking two today. Not recommended for long term usage but defo helps when your levels of anxiety are sky high. I was at work and trying to hide the fact from others. I'm hoping my weeks holiday in the sun will help but doc thinks its time to look into changing my meds when I get back. Don't be afraid of Diazepam, no side effects as as I said before as it levels us out when having a panic/anxiety attack. Hope your ok :)

Shivmarie
10-06-13, 18:59
Thanks jan I fell to sleep before I could get one but oddly has been a struggle to I'm going to take one tonight for sure, what time before bed should I take it? Does it help,like the next day if I take it in the night, also does it help with mental anxiety atall? Hope your feeling ok x

almamatters
10-06-13, 19:25
Hi I took diazepam for 3 months last year. I found it very helpful and used to take 1 x 5mg before bed to calm me down and help me to sleep . I used to wake up feeling ok , no "hangover effect" or anything. As previous posts have said they are not for long term use and I was eventually taken off them by the GP but they helped me , What time of the day did the GP recommend you take them? Hope you are ok today :)

southey
10-06-13, 19:52
I find Diazepam takes about 10-20 minutes to start working and the effect can last hours even all day at first.:shades:

I would take one early evening like now just so you can bask in the anxiety free state they can give and see what they are like for you. Would be a bit of a waste to sleep through there calming effects unless it's sleep you are needing?:D

They really are a marvellous short term relief from anxiety and I would not be in the slightest afraid to use them, don't put off taking them out of fear if you really need them to be calm and mentally anxiety free, they really can be that good!!

Report back and tell us how your feeling, bet you will be happy?

Steve.

almamatters
10-06-13, 19:55
I find Diazepam takes about 10-20 minutes to start working and the effect can last hours even all day at first.:shades:

I would take one early evening like now just so you can bask in the anxiety free state they can give and see what they are like for you. Would be a bit of a waste to sleep through there calming effects unless it's sleep you are needing?:D

They really are a marvellous short term relief from anxiety and I would not be in the slightest afraid to use them, don't put off taking them out of fear if you really need them to be calm and mentally anxiety free, they really can be that good!!

Report back and tell us how your feeling, bet you will be happy?

Steve.

Perhaps should of mentioned that I was given them specifically to calm me down before going to sleep. I would not have been able to function taking them earlier in the day, they just had that kind of effect on me. Really good medication though for short term use.

steveo
10-06-13, 20:19
The key is, short term use!

When using daily, you are only 6 weeks away from addiction.

southey
10-06-13, 20:25
Does addiction creep up on you or is it like, BAM one missed dose and your feeling ill?

I have taken them sporadically for several years but never near constantly for 6 weeks, so far no real Jonesing for them when coming off.

Steve.

steveo
10-06-13, 23:14
Not really. I wouldn't even say I'm addicted because I don't want to take them and don't have urges to take them.

I just hit tolerance.

I was taking 4mg (sometimes 6mg) every day for 3 months. Then I suddenly realised it was no longer working. I kept on taking it though. Only when I started to reduce, did I realise what trouble I was suddenly in.

Shivmarie
14-06-13, 19:19
Still not taken one Steveo