PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I've just joined

Regina
06-06-13, 00:40
I just quickly wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been a worrier all my life but in the past two weeks began having panic attacks, whcih have been much different than I thought they were. Just yesterday I was diagnosed with severe panic disorder, so I'm here to meet some people and learn how to cope. I've found this debilitating so far and look forward to hearing others' stories and coping mechanisms. Thank you for reading.

Regina

LauraJF
06-06-13, 03:09
Regina,

Welcome to the forum! I have panic disorder too. You might feel better after reading a Dr. Claire Weekes book or listening to one of her cds. She is my favorite author of anxiety related books.

Laura

Regina
06-06-13, 05:11
Thank you very much. I will definitely look it up :)

Georgia12
06-06-13, 08:36
Hello I've recently joined :)
I was diagnosed with depression and PTSD at 15 and have been struggling for 4 years with it. I am on antidepressants but have accidentally came off of them recently (forgotten to take them for a few weeks) and felt awful without them. I was discharged from the place I was having trauma therapy from at 18 and have just sort of been living with it. I've finally taken a step towards making myself better by joining this site and hopefully it will make my life a little bit easier.
Nice to meet everyone (: