PDA

View Full Version : 48 hrs to go!

meche
06-06-13, 07:51
Can't believe it! 7 months ago I signed up to do a 27 mile charity walk to climb Pen-Y-Fan in the Brecon Becons. If I'm honest when I signed up for it I didn't think I would be well enough but it was the best thing I ever did. So after countless miles of walking, over 100 gym sessions & other fitness classes, I think I'm ready & the day is almost upon me. Myself, my partner & 6 of my workmates are raising money for the British Heart Foundation so it's all in a good cause. I am feeling a bit daunted by it & trying not to worry too much because I don't want to let anyone down. I can only do my best! Its going to be tough so keep everything crossed for me peeps. xx

Annie0904
06-06-13, 09:36
Wow Meche this is amazing :) I hope the good weather holds up for you (but not too hot!) let us know how it goes and I wish all the best with this :hugs:

aggiecuttler
06-06-13, 10:53
good luck hope it all goes well blessings

Edie
06-06-13, 10:58
Good luck with your walk! It sounds amazing, and I hope you have a lovely time.

meche
06-06-13, 11:57
Thank you so much for your kind words and support ladies. It is much appreciated. I don't think any amount of training has prepared me for the real thing but I will give it my absolute all. There will probably be a few aches, pains and blisters by the end but it'll be worth it. I will let you know how I get on and hopefully upload some photos when we reach the top :yesyes:! xxx

tiredOfOcd
06-06-13, 12:25
good for you! nothing beats back anxiety/depression like physical activity

meche
10-06-13, 11:59
Well, it was the toughest thing I have ever done in my life but WE DID IT! 30.4 miles in 13 hours exactly (3 miles more than we thought). It was one of the best & worst things I have ever done. Best in that the sense of achievement I feel is immense but worst because my poor body is aching. The view once we reached the top of Pen-Y-Fan was breathtaking - there was a real sense of calm and I could have stayed there forever. I am so very proud of myself and the rest of my team. Would I do it again? No - not 30 miles but I would choose to walk certain parts of it again. It almost broke me 2 miles from the end and there were tears but I proved to myself that I am capable of more than I think! Time to let my poor body rest before the next challenge...... maybe! xxx

Edie
10-06-13, 13:25
Yay, congratulations!!!!!

Have a nice long hot bath and a good rest. You deserve it!

aggiecuttler
10-06-13, 15:46
hey good luck blessings

Apple81
11-06-13, 23:08
Well done! X

bluesparkle
12-06-13, 09:42
wow what an achievement ...well done you :)