PDA

View Full Version : about to increase from 20-40mg advice please

aggiecuttler
06-06-13, 17:32
i am about to increase my fluoxtine tomorrow morning and i was wondering will i get side effects etc, some advice would be great am going from 20mg to 40mg and how long until the increase kicks in many thanks blessings:winks:

nomorepanic
06-06-13, 18:21
Hi

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see similar threads about this increase as well

jelly2010
06-06-13, 19:29
Hi Aggie,

I can only speak of my experience. This is my second time on fluoxetine. The first time I increased to 40mg after a couple of months (maybe 3 or 4) and had no problems that I can recall. I don't remember suffering much in the way of increased side effects.

This time around my experience has been a little different. I was increased to 40mg much quicker as previous experience showed 20mg had little effect on me. This time I did have pretty bad side effects after the increase - notably heightened anxiety, insomnia, dark thoughts etc but now these have passed I feel much better.

I don't want to scare or worry you but it also wouldn't be fair of me to fib to you and tell you it was all fine! However this is my experience, yours may be different. I think if you try and prepare yourself for the possibility of side effects then you might be able to handle them better if they do?

I really hope it goes smoothly for you. Feel free to PM me anytime if you want to chat.
J x

aggiecuttler
07-06-13, 18:26
thankyou Jelly i appreciate the advice blessings